Is volunteering at this clinic really considered ‘clinical volunteer experience’?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted936470

Hi there,

I’ve spent significant amount of time volunteering at a clinic that aims to help the low/no-income sector to receive basic medical care and medication.

My role has been both technical support and front desk duties at the clinic’s dispensary - I often interact with patients face-to-face, sometimes over the phone, to help them receive prescriptions (by calling pharmacies and prescriptions, scheduling doctor and/or rescreening appointments, handing parients their medication that was dispensed and sorted by our pharmacist); but, I don’t observe the patient-doctor interaction, nor do I come in close enough contact to “smell patients”.

I’m curious as to whether I should classify this as clinical vs. non-clinical volunteer experience.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are face-to-face with patients and you are speaking to them, you meet my definition of "close enough to smell patients". On the other hand, if you were in the basement making phone calls to pharmacies and never saw patients at all, then you would not be close enough.

Reactions: 1 users