Is working at a library worth mentioning?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onelastpuff23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I worked at various levels at a fairly large university library. It wasn't a bad job as it had me dealing with different disciplines. In the end, the job was a lot of customer service and not very academic or altruistic. Should I put this on my admission application?

Members don't see this ad.

I've worked at a library, too, and I'm planning on putting it down.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude I listed my work in the cafeteria. Not that it helps but might as well.

One thing that the adcom wants to know is how you spent your time. If you don't list something that was paid employment, even if it is not related to medicine or science, then it looks as if you were spending those hours buffing your nails.

hahaha good response lizzy (i'm imagining a cartoon image of this now)

i worked in a library for 2+ years at my undergrad, and it took up a significant amount of my time (at least 20 hrs a week), so i was FOR SURE recording it! i mean otherwise, where else did those 20 hours go? nothing? of course not! besides, i got a ton of interesting experiences/exposure to unique people from working in a lib, and i was able to at least talk about it a little for my "diversity" skills at interviews (being able to interact with different populations)

Last edited:
I believe the consensus would be YESSSSSS!!!!:)