Is working for Blue Cross and retail pharmacy a conflict of interest?

PharmacistFl12

7+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
I'm planning to sell health insurance as a side job. Currently work full time as a retail pharmacist. Is this a conflict of interest? I will not be selling Medicare part D, just private plan.

Twentytwelve2

7+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
I think it is a CoE. Because we arent even allowed to do rx savings card through ourselves to market

zelman

7+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
I think it is a CoE. Because we arent even allowed to do rx savings card through ourselves to market
That’s because you get paid when people use your discount card. Some random BC/BS employee doesn’t get a dollar every time someone fills a prescription.

Twentytwelve2

7+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
But he can talk about his insurance plan to sell to customers in the pharmacy and profit from it. It is that possibility, that I think it is a CoE.

zelman

7+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
But he can talk about his insurance plan to sell to customers in the pharmacy and profit from it. It is that possibility, that I think it is a CoE.
That could be said of literally any business. You could tell patients about your nail salon, motorcycle repair garage, or Etsy crochet store during counseling. It’s not a CoE unless you make it one.