Is writing a book chapter on medicine a big plus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FroYoOreo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As the title says, I am wondering if being a second author on a book chapter about medical related issues (specifically about addiction) adds much to the MD application. I am also debating whether I should put it as one of the significant ECs.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Question answered perfectly by @HomeSkool. Here’s a pun instead.

ImageUploadedBySDN1514952484.016561.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

As the title says, I am wondering if being a second author on a book chapter about medical related issues (specifically about addiction) adds much to the MD application. I am also debating whether I should put it as one of the significant ECs.

Thanks!
how does one get involved in writing a medical book chapter?

I'm not sure if listing it as one of your most significant activities is the best move - it'll definitely make an impact as a listed publication - but I like to think of the significant activities as the ones that had the most formative impacts on you and your development. Unless this was something you worked on longitudinally for a long period of time and you can really reflect on how it helped you along on your medical school journey, it may not be the best move to put it as one of most significant activities.