Is your SDN personality the same as your "real life" personality?

slowbutsteady

slowbutsteady
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
For myself, I am a total tool on SDN and I am an extremely kind and courteous person in real life.

You wouldn't recognize me!!!

Procyon

Space Cowboy
7+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2009
Autumn in Ganymede
Status
Medical Student
Sometimes I'm more zany on SDN, because I let go of my inhibitions. Irl, I'm kinda shy/serious unless I'm comfortable being around you.

Mar 11, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
so what you're saying is that your real life projection is just an act?

slowbutsteady

slowbutsteady
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
so what you're saying is that your real life projection is just an act?
Ha, fascinating and insightful question. (A rarity on SDN.)

Which is the real me? OMG, I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared:

ILikeDrugs

pre-attending
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2008
L.A.
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I think so. I can be serious but I can also be a smartass. Surprised that I've only received one infraction.

:zip:

roseglass6370

Are we there yet?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2008
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I'd say I'm about the same in real life. Maybe a little less frank, though. :)

Feb 1, 2010
Ohio
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm pretty much exactly the same in real life...

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
yeah i'm pretty much a sarcastic ass IRL too

MilkmanAl

Al the Ass Mod
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
:love:

Well, wait a moment...

Like ALLLL female or one of those female/male hybrids I heard about before?
Now, now, you don't get to know that beforehand. ;)

DrMattOglesby

Grand Master
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2007
Status
Medical Student
i am actually nothing like Matt Oglesby.

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
Concerned people should know that I have a mouth to speak from in real life.

DrYoda

Space Cowboy
10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2008
Dagobah System
Status
Attending Physician
Pretty much the same. I might seem more outgoing on SDN than I really am due to my frequent posting.

(or does frequent use of internet forums automatically label you as a recluse :laugh: )

dw2158

10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Pretty much the same. I might seem more outgoing on SDN than I really am due to my frequent posting.

(or does frequent use of internet forums automatically label you as a recluse :laugh: )
haha ditto.

i'm also the same on SDN and in life in that i'm super nice/conscientious/loyal/loving to my friends, and crazy mean if you cross me. don't mess.

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
i'd say i'm pretty similar

lanashif

7+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2010
Status
I don't know. I think it depends on the situation, but I would say I'm probably kind of different in reality. I'm probably a lot more sarcastic and less serious in actuality.

Evergrey

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2008
Status
Medical Student
If I acted online the way I acted IRL around my buds, I would be banned for inappropriate jokes :D I'm waaay more inhibited on here.

orthomyxo

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
My personality is so magnetic, I am unable to carry credit cards. I never say something tastes like chicken. Not even chicken.

I am the only man to ever ace a Rorschach test. If I were to give you directions, you'd never get lost, and you'd arrive at least five minutes early.

My reputation expands like the universe. I once had an awkward moment, just to see how it felt. My organ donation card also lists my beard.

I'm a lover, not fighter, but I'm also a fighter, so don't get any ideas. My blood smells like cologne.

My legend precedes me, just like lightning precedes thunder. I am, the most interesting man in the world.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's Dos Equis. Stay thirsty my friends.

URHere

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Definitely not. I generally refuse to talk about medical school in real life...so, take away the attempted helpfulness, throw in some snark, some east coast bluntness, and a slightly-morbid, british sense of humor and that's me.

stimulus package
Dec 8, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
My personality is so magnetic, I am unable to carry credit cards. I never say something tastes like chicken. Not even chicken.

I am the only man to ever ace a Rorschach test. If I were to give you directions, you'd never get lost, and you'd arrive at least five minutes early.

My reputation expands like the universe. I once had an awkward moment, just to see how it felt. My organ donation card also lists my beard.

I'm a lover, not fighter, but I'm also a fighter, so don't get any ideas. My blood smells like cologne.

My legend precedes me, just like lightning precedes thunder. I am, the most interesting man in the world.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's Dos Equis. Stay thirsty my friends.

i feel stupid because i love this but i don't know if it's from something or a xx commercial.

Poliscidoc

7+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yes I'm a smart ass and at times an ass hole. But normally just a smart ass so its all good....

slowbutsteady

slowbutsteady
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I am shocked that anyone would bother to be themselves on the internet.

Aren't you at all tempted by the gloriousness of anonymity?

I am addicted to saying exactly what I think on SDN, but would never say IRL, to people who make idiotic comments. And there is a never-ending stream of idiocy here.

I feel like a kid in a candy store. It is so liberating and helps me blow off steam.

How can you restrain yourselves? And why would you?