Isn't it cool? we are in the application cycle for medical school!!

CuttinEmUp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
Status
Think about how far we have come. We went through all the undergrad stuff....studied, took MCAT exams, wrote personal statements, paid and submitted primary applications and currently completing secondary apps.

Once all the secondaries are done....its just interview and acceptance time for us!

I feel proud of us all for coming thus far !!

About the Ads

erleichda

10+ Year Member
May 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
CuttinEmUp said:
Think about how far we have come. We went through all the undergrad stuff....studied, took MCAT exams, wrote personal statements, paid and submitted primary applications and currently completing secondary apps.

Once all the secondaries are done....its just interview and acceptance time for us!

yep. although at this point it, from under the pile of secondaries, it feels like the end is never coming. it helps to keep things in perspective though! thanks

n0chi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2005
Status
hooray!

go you guys! :)

(i still have mcats and secondaires to worry about :p)

AngryBaby

El Hefe
10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2004
Somewhere in-between success and failure
Status
Medical Student
CuttinEmUp said:

Yeah, really cool....somebody pass me the Pepto.

max831

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
Status
CuttinEmUp said:

I love your fervor, but it is early in the game. Post your feelings about the application process again in January. Just remember, it is a very loooonng road, but when that acceptance letter finally comes the entire acrid process is quickly forgotten.

MikeyLu2010

UT Longhorns Alumni
10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2005
Houston, TX
Status
Attending Physician
max831 said:
I love your fervor, but it is early in the game. Post your feelings about the application process again in January. Just remember, it is a very loooonng road, but when that acceptance letter finally comes the entire acrid process is quickly forgotten.
werd.

JasonUD

PGY-I
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2006
The Island of Long
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Good luck guys! You are in for a lloooooooooooooooonnnggggg, frustrating road with many ups and downs (odds are more downs then ups). Keep your positive attitudes. I applied in September and didn't get my first interview until January and my first acceptence until the first week of June!

MCB17

KCUMB 2010
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats!!
I start at KCUMB in 2 weeks and let me tell you, after you get your secondaries in and interview etc... enjoy the down time because there is so much stuff to do when you get accepted.
It's so worth it!!!!

OP
C

CuttinEmUp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
Status
its true..it is a long road but you know what? January is going to come no matter what.....weather I am waiting for an acceptance or not. Time is going and months pass by regardless, so to be honest, the wait doesnt bother me one bit.

I might feel a little anxious now and then, but I am just one of those people who can stay the course and keep a really positive outlook.

I mean lets face it...we could be doing MUCH less productive things than applying to medical school, and waste away the rest of the year just as easy..so waiting is no biggie---stay FOCUSED and remember the months are gonna roll by regardless of anything, so dont make some pseudo time limit and say that by such and such a time I NEED to have an answer...just chill and live ur lifes and whatever comes ... comes.

max831

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
Status
Cuttin, you have a great attitude and I am sure you will do fine. Where do you want to go?

OP
C

CuttinEmUp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
Status
max831 said:
Cuttin, you have a great attitude and I am sure you will do fine. Where do you want to go?
:thumbup: Thanks Max!

I applied to a few schools (varied), including some MD programs. I actually would like to go to WCOMP because its in california and I would prefer to stay in california if i could..if not, I also like PCOM, Kirksville, KCUMB or MSU.

About the Ads