isovue vs isovue M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nvrsumr

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since the isovue M is for intrathecal admin is this what everyone is using? Of course I try not to get intrathecal... :) There is about a 50% price difference in favor of plain isovue.

Members don't see this ad.

From the package inserts:
Each mL of ISOVUE-300 (lopamidol Injection 61%) provides 612 mg iopamidol with 1 mg tromethamine and 0.39 mg edetate calcium disodium. The solution contains approximately 0.043 mg (0.002 mEq) sodium and 300 mg organically bound iodine per mL The pH of ISOVUE contrast media has been adjusted to 6.5-7.5 with hydrochloric acid and/or sodium hydroxide. Specific Gravity @ 37° C 1.339 ISOVUE (lopamidol Injection) formulations are stable, aqueous, sterile, and nonpyrogenic solutions for intravascular administration How supplied: ISOVUE-300 Ten 30 mL single dose vials Ten 50 mL single dose vials Ten 75 mL single dose bottles Ten 100 mL single dose bottles Ten 150 mL single dose bottles

Each mL of ISOVUE-M 300 (lopamidol Injection 61%) provides 612 mg iopamidol with 1 mg tromethamine and 0.39 mg edetate calcium disodium. The solution contains approximately 0.043 mg (0.002 mEq) sodium and 300 mg organically bound iodine per mL The pH of ISOVUE-M contrast media has bean adjusted to 6.5-7.5 with hydrochloric acid and/or sodium hydroxide. Specific Gravity @ 37° C 1.328. ISOVUE-M (lopamidol Injection) formulations are stable, aqueous, sterile, and nonpyrogenic solutions for intrathecal administration. How supplied: ISOVUE-M 300 Ten 15 mL single dose vials

The viscosities and osmolalities are the same. The major difference is the amount available per vial..... Specific gravities are very slightly different. Not really much difference otherwise as far as I can tell.... The Isovue M is available in only the 200 and 300 concentration while the Isovue is available in 200,250,300, and 370 concentrations. The 300 concentrations appear to be close to identical.

Algosdoc thanks for applying your logic to my question. Know which way to go now.