Issues with my general chemistry teacher

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow I heard a lot of whining in there! The main gripe you have is that makeup exams were given. You don't know the circumstances. Perhaps there was a death in the family, an athletic contest, a conference, something that the prof though warranted a departure from the syllabus for extreme circumstances. In any case, it does not affect you. You said the class is not curved, so it has no bearing on how you do. Get over it.

Next, a prof is allowed to put whatever on his quiz he wants to. He gave you a hint, but perhaps after thinking it over he decided he couldn't quiz just topic A as it wasn't enough of a quiz, so let's add topic B in. The quizzes are unannounced. You already got a leg up here! Now YOU'RE the one who was getting an extra push. It all evens out in the end.

Like you said, you have a chance of making an A still, so focus on that. Nothing egregiously unfair has happened here.

Best of luck to you in making that A!

Members don't see this ad.

LawNonTrad, seriously, settle down. You can't afford to waste your valuable time and energy getting worked up over all the bull**** that goes on in your chem class. (Wait till you start working in a hospital ...) You need to learn to just let things go, for your own sake.

I'm a nontrad too, and probably even older than you. I worked on Wall Street for 20 years, went to business school, and did college and postbacc at Ivy League schools, and you wouldn't BELIEVE the amount of BS I've experienced in my life. Of course it wasn't fair, but I tried to ignore most of it and only speak up when something was truly important. (In postbacc,this happened only a couple of times over the course of 2 years.) But the most important thing I learned was that I had to let go of my anger and indignation about things that weren't fair, because 1) most of the time they weren't going to get fixed; and 2) those emotions were counterproductive to ME and what I wanted to accomplish.

You brought up various issues in your post. Let me try to address them:

1. Students who got the makeup: Totally irrelevant to you, since the class isn't curved. Never mind anyone else--worry about your own grade.

2. Prof gave misleading info about quiz content: I hope you've learned a lesson: never rely on what the prof says about exam content. I've seen profs outright LIE to the whole class about what would be on a test (he said it would be up to chapter 5, and there were questions on chapter 6), and even test chapters that hadn't been taught yet. Was anything ever done about it? Of course not. And the department wasn't about to interfere, because the prof had tenure. As others already said, assume anything that's been covered is fair game at all times.

3. Question Girl: it sounds like you'd be better off not going to class, if you can get away with it (although with the unannounced quizzes, you may not be able to). If you have to go, just do your best to ignore her and try to learn the material from the book later. Maybe you could use class time to do your homework instead of listening to the lecture.

Above all, learn to let go of your sense of outrage and just MOVE ON. F*** everyone else, you have better things to do. Otherwise this is just going to eat you alive.

Final exam is coming up soon. I assume if you do well on the final, you might be able to talk to your professor. He might give you an "A" if you show him that you understand the material.

Here are some tips to do well on the final exam.

• If your professor does not give you good notes, try to download some goods Chemistry lecture notes. http://employees.oneonta.edu/viningwj/Chem112/index.html
  • Go over all the chapters in Chem II and make you understand the core concenpts
  • Practice many questions(on your textbook, quizzes, previous exams)
  • Make sure you know how to do each type of calculation
  • Score a high "A" on the exam.

Life is never fair. But, good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
No.

And don't hate on the make up policy being bent.

That stuff has no bearing on you. If it comes up to where you miss a test and you aren't allowed to make it up, you have a major problem. But if you're able to get there for every test, and someone has something come up, you should hope that the professor allows them to make it up. If you want to be a physician, compassion and understanding are important qualities. And it's just being a decent human being.

I really don't understand why you're trying to personalize and make the situation out to be me not feeling compassion for the students and their make-ups. I'm not upset at the students for getting to make up their test. If something serious happened in their lives and they get to make it up then fine. I'm not convinced that something serious did happen. FYI, I if the professor told me that one of the make up students had a parent die and the other one had to have a kidney removed, I would definitely agree with you. But I'm almost certain this is not the case. We're all pretty sure that it's just students manipulating the system to get a make-up exam and a few extra days to study. But yes, the reason does matter.

I really don't understand why you're trying to personalize and make the situation out to be me not feeling compassion for the students and their make-ups. I'm not upset at the students for getting to make up their test. If something serious happened in their lives and they get to make it up then fine. I'm not convinced that something serious did happen. FYI, I if the professor told me that one of the make up students had a parent die and the other one had to have a kidney removed, I would definitely agree with you. But I'm almost certain this is not the case. We're all pretty sure that it's just students manipulating the system to get a make-up exam and a few extra days to study. But yes, the reason does matter.

Manipulating the system? It may happen from time to time, but most people don't lie about a parent dying or a kidney removal. Again, it DOESN'T affect you. In any way. In fact, you now know that if you have a valid reason to miss a test, you CAN make it up.

Unless you know these people, and have real reason to believe that is what happened, you're just being bitter and cynical.

Hope that other people have a chance to do well. The system shouldn't be designed to hurt you for having a parent die, or a kidney removed.

I wouldn't worry about the things you can't control in class. Take the initiative to learn the material on your own, and use the teacher to answer anything that's unclear. This approach is common, especially when some courses have 400+ students.

Above all, learn to let go of your sense of outrage and just MOVE ON. F*** everyone else, you have better things to do. Otherwise this is just going to eat you alive.

OP: read this about 20 times, go for a run, then eat your favorite ice cream. good luck on your next chemistry exam. i'm sure you will do great! :thumbup:

Manipulating the system? It may happen from time to time, but most people don't lie about a parent dying or a kidney removal. Again, it DOESN'T affect you. In any way. In fact, you now know that if you have a valid reason to miss a test, you CAN make it up.

Unless you know these people, and have real reason to believe that is what happened, you're just being bitter and cynical.

Hope that other people have a chance to do well. The system shouldn't be designed to hurt you for having a parent die, or a kidney removed.

You don't understand what I'm saying. I'm not saying they lied about something so dire. I really think that the professor would let have let them make it up even if they had a head cold or a bit of a fever.

And I don't know that I can make up a test even I have a valid reason to miss it. That's the problem with maintaining a seemingly arbitrary system that completely contradicts the policy outlined in the syllabus.

You're right that I'm a little bitter. If they didn't have something serious happen to them or a loved one last week then they had absolutely no right to a make-up test.

Hypothetically speaking: if it came to the professor's attention that one of the students did not have a valid excuse to miss the exam (i.e. the student said that they were deathly ill but skipped the exam to go to Montreal), I assume you'd support giving them a course grade of F? To do otherwise would be incredibly hypocritical. To be able to take this exam 4 days after everyone else when the syllabus directly contravanes it is such a tremendous advantage that it should have to be bolstered by serious documentation.

so talk to the him, or the Dean about it. Take the initiative to schedule a meeting, possibly get a petition going in your class so you have backup in the form of documentation.

There are teachers like this who make unfair rules, don't follow their syllabus, etc. I don't know why you're posting about this on these forums honestly, and don't really know what type of help you were expecting. But if it's really that unbearable, take initiative.

You definitely have the making of "that guy" in med school ... you know the one that bitches and complains about every little stupid **** that comes around. Guess what buddy, this **** doesn't change in med school, in fact, it's worse. Routinely professors don't specify what's on the test and will test on the most mundane bull**** that you may imagine and may even test things that ARE NOT IMPORTANT AND NOT COVERED. You know what they say when you complain? The majority of the class did well and got those questions right, so tough **** buddy maybe you should study harder. I'd thought a non-trad would know stuff like this happens all the time and would know how to deal with it, apparently not.

You have to deal with people asking a ton of questions, pop quizzes on things you have gone over, and C's being the norm. Keep in mind that a grade of C is for average students; A's are reserved for those who are stand-out students.

I think the idea that a C is average is an outdated standard. At a lot of schools (including mine) getting straight C's (a 2.0) doesn't make you average, it gets you on academic probation.

You don't understand what I'm saying. I'm not saying they lied about something so dire. I really think that the professor would let have let them make it up even if they had a head cold or a bit of a fever.

And I don't know that I can make up a test even I have a valid reason to miss it. That's the problem with maintaining a seemingly arbitrary system that completely contradicts the policy outlined in the syllabus.

You're right that I'm a little bitter. If they didn't have something serious happen to them or a loved one last week then they had absolutely no right to a make-up test.

Hypothetically speaking: if it came to the professor's attention that one of the students did not have a valid excuse to miss the exam (i.e. the student said that they were deathly ill but skipped the exam to go to Montreal), I assume you'd support giving them a course grade of F? To do otherwise would be incredibly hypocritical. To be able to take this exam 4 days after everyone else when the syllabus directly contravanes it is such a tremendous advantage that it should have to be bolstered by serious documentation.

Here's my thing, and YOU don't seem to be getting it:

These things actually happen. People actually lose loved ones. People actually fall ill. Are you really such a heartless person to request someone to provide proof that their loved one died?

Are you going to ask the professor to step up to that same level of heartlessness?

This is something to take a glass half-full approach with. Innocent until proven guilty.

Someone may have seriously lost their mother or father, and yet, you're more concerned they may have gotten an extra 4 days to study Chemistry. Yet, their grade doesn't affect you.

Sorry you didn't get four more days to study. But I'd bet my @$$ they'd trade those 4 days for that family member in return.

Now, if they lied, get 'em. Fail 'em. But those are SERIOUS accusations. Can you even imagine how irate you'd be if you had just lost someone close to you, and some asshat is running around talking about how you're a liar trying to gain an unfair advantage?

Get a life. Grow the F*ck up.

You definitely have the making of "that guy" in med school ... you know the one that bitches and complains about every little stupid **** that comes around. Guess what buddy, this **** doesn't change in med school, in fact, it's worse. Routinely professors don't specify what's on the test and will test on the most mundane bull**** that you may imagine and may even test things that ARE NOT IMPORTANT AND NOT COVERED. You know what they say when you complain? The majority of the class did well and got those questions right, so tough **** buddy maybe you should study harder. I'd thought a non-trad would know stuff like this happens all the time and would know how to deal with it, apparently not.

You know, I have read about zoos training orangutans to play video games on the computer, but I didn't realize that they were also teaching you furry guys to post on internet forums. Bravo.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know, I have read about zoos training orangutans to play video games on the computer, but I didn't realize that they were also teaching you furry guys to post on internet forums. Bravo.

If we wanted to go for low blows, we'd have pulled a few lawyer jokes out about you. And honestly, that is such an unoriginal (and totally unrelated) comeback that I don't think any of us are all that impressed as it is.

Grow up, LawNonTrad. All you've managed to do here is prove how much of a immature douchebag you are. Hope that was your goal!

Here's my thing, and YOU don't seem to be getting it:

These things actually happen. People actually lose loved ones. People actually fall ill. Are you really such a heartless person to request someone to provide proof that their loved one died?

Are you going to ask the professor to step up to that same level of heartlessness?

This is something to take a glass half-full approach with. Innocent until proven guilty.

Someone may have seriously lost their mother or father, and yet, you're more concerned they may have gotten an extra 4 days to study Chemistry. Yet, their grade doesn't affect you.

Sorry you didn't get four more days to study. But I'd bet my @$$ they'd trade those 4 days for that family member in return.

Now, if they lied, get 'em. Fail 'em. But those are SERIOUS accusations. Can you even imagine how irate you'd be if you had just lost someone close to you, and some asshat is running around talking about how you're a liar trying to gain an unfair advantage?

Get a life. Grow the F*ck up.

No, here's what you don't get. This isn't out of the norm for academic institutions. At my institution, when someone missed a final or finals due to a death in the family, the professor/college asked for documentation. A quick google search revealed that documentation is required at quite a few other institutions as well. Are these institutions and the people who operate them heartless? Should they just take the student at their word? If not, then why is it heartless of me to mention it as a hypothetical? You really can't have it both ways.

I realize these things happen in life, but regarding the other matter (serious personal illness) you're goddamned right I'd ask for documentation. That's not even up for debate. Are you kidding me?

If we wanted to go for low blows, we'd have pulled a few lawyer jokes out about you. And honestly, that is such an unoriginal (and totally unrelated) comeback that I don't think any of us are all that impressed as it is.

Grow up, LawNonTrad. All you've managed to do here is prove how much of a immature douchebag you are. Hope that was your goal!

Look, I don't care.

Krak sends me a message full of profanities and I respond with a joke, and yet I'm the one who has to grow up. I get it. That makes lots of sense, Janieve. I wasn't posting it to impress you. You may find this hard to believe, but I also did not create this thread to pot witty jokes that would impress you.

I understand that SDN premeds like to pile on posts that they don't like, but you can't have it both ways, Janieve. You either get to pile on posts or you get to cry about it. You don't get to do both.

Believe me, you guys don't get to me. I've dealt with murderers and rapists. A bunch of premeds jumping on me is a welcome change.

Who is whining now?

oddly enough I was once in a small class where two or three different people had family members die in the same week. crap like that happens. It's not a statistical impossibility.

Wow. For a non-traditional law student, you sure have a naive view on fairness.

Grow up and leave it alone. You are set up for the A, now just go and get the A.

I hope you bring this situation up in a med school interview because then you will just be rejected for whining over a pretty trivial issue.

Lawnontrad, i was rooting for you this entire time because i barely glanced at your first post and just picked a side...after seeing everyone's super negative comments, i read your first post.

man, youre a little bitch. just suck it up. people do grimy things all the time like taking tests late...i actually applaud these people for being so daring then move on. i dont bitch about it. you are just being an insecure loser.

Wow. For a non-traditional law student, you sure have a naive view on fairness.

Grow up and leave it alone. You are set up for the A, now just go and get the A.

I hope you bring this situation up in a med school interview because then you will just be rejected for whining over a pretty trivial issue.

Why would I bring this up in a med school interview? And openly rooting for people to be rejected is pretty pathetic, and for that matter so are the comments that I won't make a good doctor because of x, y, or z... pretty audacious coming from a bunch of fellow premeds. What's next, Nazi comparisons? Geesh. :laugh:

Why would I bring this up in a med school interview? And openly rooting for people to be rejected is pretty pathetic, and for that matter so are the comments that I won't make a good doctor because of x, y, or z... pretty audacious coming from a bunch of fellow premeds. What's next, Nazi comparisons? Geesh. :laugh:

I don't know why you would bring it up in an interview (a question about an injustice?), but you blew up a pretty trivial issue on an online forum.

And I do not wish rejection upon anyone. However, you seem pretty defensive about this issue that no one is defending you on. Even the posters who are agreeing that it is unfair are saying it is probably better to just drop the issue anyway.

In reality, no one is surprised about an issue like this occurring, and therefore, no one is very sympathetic to your complaints. It is really surprising that you have never experienced anything like this before.

I apologize if my comments seemed so negative to you but you do not seem to even try to comprehend what the rest of the posters are saying.

This is a trivial issue. I repeat, like I have said before, get the A and move on.

Wow this thread went on for way too long without anyone pulling out this card: :troll:

By now, the at-first-not-so-obvious troll is VERY OBVIOUS.

Wow this thread went on for way too long without anyone pulling out this card: :troll:

By now, the at-first-not-so-obvious troll is VERY OBVIOUS.

I honestly don't even think this is a case of a troll.

It was meant as an actual issue. It's just not an issue to most people.

Hey you know what? The hospital is full of foul mouthed surgeons and doctors that will curse at stupid ****. Maybe not in front of patients but it will happen amongst themselves unlike what the mods here on SDN like to believe. So get used to it. Also, apparently logic doesn't work with you as evident from the many posts apumic had responded with so the best way to show an idiot his place is to let it be known to him. It's true you are a whiny bitch and would make a terrible med student who can't handle the stress of classes (and yes I actually am a med student going into my second year so I do know what I'm talking about) ... for goodness sake a CC class is giving you trouble. Speaking of low blows let's go with this "couldn't make it in law cause the judges and juries couldn't stand your bitching and whining so you lost all your cases and got all your clients convicted? Good job."

I'm a real sucker for SDN punishment so here's an update:

I asked the professor about the make-up policy and why two students were allowed to make up Thursday's exam. He told me that the two students had come to him last week before the exam and told him that they'd be out of town for Thursday's test, and therefore would not be able to make it. He told them that they could take it Monday, 4 days after everyone else, because he didn't want them to have them miss their out-of-town commitments. It's a summer course for chrissakes. How about not having scheduled out-of-town commitments during it? And it's not like you get a 0 on it if you miss it. He averages your grades on the other two exams.

I told him that I really didn't feel well on Thursday and would have preferred to have taken the exam on Monday but I was told on the first day that there were no make-ups. He said that ordinarily there are no make-ups, but if someone schedules it with him enough in advance that he can accommodate them. I politely told him that I couldn't exactly schedule my sickness and he said that he saw my point but he couldn't schedule make-ups for sickness or family emergencies because these situations don't lend themselves to advance notice and he doesn't want it to mess up his schedule. I bet most people on here who thought I was a whiny prick will still side with the professor though.

One of the students making up the exam missed the Thursday exam because she had scheduled an interview with a Cal State graduate program that day. Yeah, really worth granting a make-up for when the syllabus says no make-ups.

Here's another gripe from the exam that he handed back today:

One multiple choice question that I missed:

Which of the following is a strong acid?

a. H3PO4
b. HClO2
c. HF
d. All of the above are strong acids
e. None of the above are strong acids.

I picked a for it and got the question wrong. The correct answer is e, none of the above are strong acids. But a healthy majority of people in the class picked b, HClO2. The professor decided to give credit for both e and b because despite e being the only correct answer, our Chemistry 1 class had mentioned HF being a weak acid and he mentioned once in class that H3PO4 is a weak acid. He never mentioned HClO2 as being a weak acid (though the textbook does, it doesn't mention H3PO4 in that section), so he decided that the fairest thing to do would be to give credit for b as well as e. It's not my fault that other students don't feel the need to read the textbook and only study off of his lecture notes.

This is a bigger load of crap than the make-up issue imo. HClO2 is always a weak acid. It has a Ka to the -2 power and doesn't disassociate completely.

Choice b is just as incorrect as the choice I picked, choice a, yet everyone who picked choice b for this question got credit for it. The professor even set the scantron to pick b as the correct answer because only 3 or 4 students in the class picked e (versus 18 picking b), and he wanted to just go back and manually give credit for the few e answers.

Last edited:
Good luck, you need it!:luck:

Stuff like that happens and, sadly, we have to live with it. Remember he's the one giving your own grade.

No, here's what you don't get. This isn't out of the norm for academic institutions. At my institution, when someone missed a final or finals due to a death in the family, the professor/college asked for documentation. A quick google search revealed that documentation is required at quite a few other institutions as well. Are these institutions and the people who operate them heartless? Should they just take the student at their word? If not, then why is it heartless of me to mention it as a hypothetical? You really can't have it both ways.

I realize these things happen in life, but regarding the other matter (serious personal illness) you're goddamned right I'd ask for documentation. That's not even up for debate. Are you kidding me?

true that. some teachers are a-holes and ask for documentation because 1/100 times a person uses the "my grampa died" excuse theyre being a dbag and making it up.

however...YOU'RE not entitled to ask ANYONE for documentation. It's really not your business why the other two students had to miss the exam. no, it might not be fair, but it's also not your concern seeing as the teacher doesn't curve, therefore you are only competing with yourself.

I'm a real sucker for SDN punishment so here's an update:

[stuff]

yes, an interview is a good excuse. if you ever get a med school interview and it falls on a day of a major exam, don't try to tell us all you're not going to go to the professor and come on here and bi tch if he doesn't give you an extension. just because it isn't med school doesn't mean it isn't awesome for that student.

and yeah, you got the wrong answer. just dill with it.

just_dill_with_it_tshirt-p235575866677196250trlf_400.jpg

yes, an interview is a good excuse. if you ever get a med school interview and it falls on a day of a major exam, don't try to tell us all you're not going to go to the professor and come on here and bi tch if he doesn't give you an extension. just because it isn't med school doesn't mean it isn't awesome for that student.

I don't care if it's awesome. I was sick and not entitled to a make up. If my parents had been killed in a car accident, not entitled to a makeup according to him because I didn't plan their accent in advance. But if I schedule an interview in advance, oh, here's your make-up.

This is all despite the fact that he said the first day that there would be NO make-ups. Neither of the students taking the make-up was deathly ill or had a family emergency. I think the other one was going to a wedding if I heard her correctly.

and yeah, you got the wrong answer. just dill with it.
I know I got the wrong answer. I want credit for my incorrect answer because the answer he marked correct is ALSO incorrect. You can't favor one incorrect answer over another on a multiple choice. There's one correct answer and 4 incorrect ones. Jesus, how is that even close to fair?
If he had said that the correct answer was e and therefore only 3-4 people in the class got it right then fine. This would be a non-issue. I got it wrong. Big deal. But more than half the class got credit for an incorrect answer on a multiple choice question simply because it was more popular than my answer choice. That's horse****. How is that fair to the 3-4 people who picked e? Some people who picked incorrect answers get the same credit despite picking the wrong answer? Yet others who picked incorrect answers don't?

I wasn't going to take the make-up policy up with the department chair but I am definitely taking this multiple-choice question up with her.

i haven't found a single noteworthy complaint about your professor. it sounds to me like you don't work hard enough, and you are just blaming it on things that don't matter that much. it's your fault that you aren't doing as well as you'd like. try harder next time. you won't have most of these issues if you understand the material. maybe if you were too sick to take the test you could have missed that day, gotten a doctors note, and the teacher probably would have let you make it up with the other students.
I already told you that the teacher said he would not let me take the make-up exam even if I had brought a doctor's note because I didn't schedule it with him in advance. I said above that I asked him this question. He said that the only circumstances he could make allowances for were circumstances known about it in advance, family emergencies and illness are not excuses for a make-up in this course. Out-of-town commitments are if scheduled in advance. Fair? I think not. Especially not considering the fact that the syllabus said NO MAKE-UPS.

it sounds to me like the professor chose to give credit for that answer because it was a misleading answer to the question. your answer was flat out wrong, and therefore did not constitute credit.

Then you have less of an understanding of general chemistry I than I do (and I don't have mastery of it, obviously). Although I did get a 100 on the quiz today.

How is HClO2 a misleading answer choice? Because HClO4 and HCl are strong acids? HClO2 isn't. Neither is H3PO4. They're both weak acids.

Not misleading at all. No one who picked anything but choice e should have gotten credit for it, myself included. But the professor chose to give credit to people who selected HClO2 as a correct answer (indeed, he made the scantron show HClO2 as the correct answer, even though a cursory Google search reveals that HClO2 was not, is not, and will never be considered a strong acid).

Its college. THings like this happen all the time. Part of college is learning how to deal with unfair practices, doing what the professor says, even if you don't like it, and getting along with your peers and superiors. You are making a big deal out of nothing. 1 question you don't agree with should not be worth scheduling a meeting about. Relax and learn the material.

nevertheless, it's not really your business if the professor bends or breaks rules for other students seeing as you're not competing with them. the only advice i can give you is now that you know this professor bends/breaks some rules, try your hand at using this to your advantage. capice?

If you take on more Chem courses in the future, u will learn that you are supposed to use deduction for that question on acid, and not straight up memorization.

I was in the midst of my first food poisoning when I took my Bio I final.

waaambulance.jpg

sad ... just sad how much crying you're doing about this. I especially like the many times you point out that you did well on your quizzes... lol. It's obvious that you have too high an opinion of yourself via these posts. I hope you get a C in this class and post another rant, I'd laugh my ass off.

nevertheless, it's not really your business if the professor bends or breaks rules for other students seeing as you're not competing with them. the only advice i can give you is now that you know this professor bends/breaks some rules, try your hand at using this to your advantage. capice?

I mentioned this earlier and someone told me that it would be s*****. I get it. Things that I do to manipulate the system after witnessing it work are s*****. Things that other people to manipulate the system are acceptable.

Could I tell the professor that I'll be out of town because my brother is getting married next Monday? Sure I could. Maybe he'd reschedule the exam for me for next Wednesday, the day before the final. But that would mean that my classmates would get their third exam back to study from before the final on Thursday. That wouldn't really be very nice or fair.

No, I'd rather he just stick to his policy and stop acting in an arbitrary and inconsistent manner.

Krak, if you EVER send me a private message like that again, you're ****ing done. Police notified. Subpoena issued, bye bye medical school (if you're even in one)

Krak, if you EVER send me a private message like that again, you're ****ing done. Police notified. Subpoena issued, bye bye medical school (if you're even in one)

Great temper you have there.

People like you should not be getting into medical school, as they would make horrible doctors. All this complaining about "WAH WAH NOT FAIR OMG" is going to sound horrible on your secondaries anyways (and I'm sure someone like you is going to bitch about them alot LOL), so I guess it's unlikely you'll even get in.

tl;dr

OP is madcuzbad.

Great temper you have there.

People like you should not be getting into medical school, as they would make horrible doctors. All this complaining about "WAH WAH NOT FAIR OMG" is going to sound horrible on your secondaries anyways (and I'm sure someone like you is going to bitch about them alot LOL), so I guess it's unlikely you'll even get in.

tl;dr

OP is madcuzbad.

I have a bad temper? I'm not the one sending out messages saying I'm going to get killed tonight. It's a federal crime. Do me a favor, okay? Be quiet regarding things you know nothing about.

18 U.S.C. § 875(c) states: "Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any threat to kidnap any person or any threat to injure the person of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

Dude, why didn't you just stick with law??? You obviously love to overanalyze and argue.

I have a bad temper? I'm not the one sending out messages saying I'm going to get killed tonight. It's a federal crime. Do me a favor, okay? Be quiet regarding things you know nothing about.

Does it matter what he sent you in a PM? Does it matter how hateful, threatening, etc? Your reaction is just that of a pissed off little rat. If you seriously felt threatened, you wouldn't post about it in this thread- you should probably PM him back your hilarious little warning.

Besides,

IT'S AN INTERNET FORUM!

It's obvious from all your other posts that you clearly DONT get the point. Life is NEVER 100% fair, and I'm SURE you've been on the other side of the not-fair coin.

18 U.S.C. § 875(c) states: “Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any threat to kidnap any person or any threat to injure the person of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.”

LOL you went back edited your post just to include this?

You got an easy question wrong. There is no curve so other people's answers don't apply to you. Deal with it.

Did any of you even read what he/she is saying?

I agree that the students shouldn't have received make-ups.

The professor obviously has it built-in to the grading scheme that 2 of your 3 exams will count.

Therefore, if you do poorly, or even miss one, you technically should have no problems.

As an engineer, a lot of our classes are structured like this. Most people can't study the material for the second exam and bank on the final.

On the same token OP, the fact that you have this luxury should make you forget about the previous test and focus on the future ones.

You got an easy question wrong. There is no curve so other people's answers don't apply to you. Deal with it.

I keep hearing this argument but the logic fails on its face. Hard.

Yes, I understand that other people getting credit for an incorrect answer does not have a direct impact on my score. But it has an indirect impact on my score because that's 3 additional points that I am entitled to because I also selected an incorrect answer, albeit an incorrect answer not as favored by the professor.

lol apparently you do suck as a lawyer because I didn't send you anything close to a PM. You may try reading the name first before you go out accusing someone, I think that's called libel in lawspeak? Possibly an extension of you sucking it hard in this gen chem class and misinterpreting whatever your prof or syllabus said. Go ahead and report me cause I know I didn't send you a PM with a threat. Do I look like I got time to go around threatening *******es like you online? Lol, don't flatter yourself. Pathetic.

Can I get a mod in here to check out these false accusations being leveled on me?

P.S. Hey loudmouth, I want some proof of me sending you threatening PMs. Put up or shut up bitch.

Last edited:
I keep hearing this argument but the logic fails on its face. Hard.

Yes, I understand that other people getting credit for an incorrect answer does not have a direct impact on my score. But it has an indirect impact on my score because that's 3 additional points that I am entitled to because I also selected an incorrect answer, albeit an incorrect answer not as favored by the professor.

I hope you do ask for credit for an incorrent answer, because that is just hilarious. But seriously, this happens all the time. Profs mark questions with the amount of people who got it right/wrong and sometimes adjust accordingly. I can also bet that almost all college students have taken an exam when they felt sick. And for your argument about being involved with a horrific accident and "according to the policy.." you wouldn't be allowed to make it up, that is ridiculous. Your prof has already been shown to be lenient in extenuating circumstances, and I'm sure they would be in that instance. For some reason you are interpreting this syllabus as law. It is not. College is not a democracy and your professor is the dictator. There is little you can do to change that. So stop trying! (Even though I know you won't)

this isn't going to go anywhere. in all seriousness without sarcasm I hope you get the grade you earned in the class.

0000hyrb.jpg

Krak, you're not the one who sent me threatening pm's. You sent nasty pm's but I brushed them off. So butt out. Jeez.

I hope you do ask for credit for an incorrent answer, because that is just hilarious. But seriously, this happens all the time. Profs mark questions with the amount of people who got it right/wrong and sometimes adjust accordingly. I can also bet that almost all college students have taken an exam when they felt sick. And for your argument about being involved with a horrific accident and "according to the policy.." you wouldn't be allowed to make it up, that is ridiculous. Your prof has already been shown to be lenient in extenuating circumstances, and I'm sure they would be in that instance. For some reason you are interpreting this syllabus as law. It is not. College is not a democracy and your professor is the dictator. There is little you can do to change that. So stop trying! (Even though I know you won't)

Indeed. I took a history final once when I was at the peak of a really awful flu. I felt so sick that I couldn't even lift my head up. It took me like 30 minutes to walk to the classroom that was about 5 minutes away. It happens.

OP, it's starting to sound like you just posted this because you wanted people to agree with you and validate your feelings. Turns out, people don't agree with you and you're not going to convince anyone, so why keep posting the same thing over and over and over and over and over again? Nothing is going to change. If this is how you feel, and you're unwilling to accept or bend to anyone else's opinion, then go act on your own feelings and argue it with the professor or dean or whoever else you want to take it up with? This isn't going to accomplish anything. You can either accept the popular opinion you sought out and let these issues be, or you can keep your opinion and be proactive about it, but there's no sense in :beat: