Issues with my general chemistry teacher

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow ... i mean i said it before .. actually twice but this girl just sucks. i am 100% sure that you are very fat n ugly and chances are that you smell too. please stop being an idiot in life ... plus fat girls need to make up for being fat by having awesome attitudes ... you must realize that evoking this sort of response from people over the internet must mean that you are a pretty messed up individual. it should seriously be a wake up call to change your ways. you will not get far in life with that ridiculous attitude.

and if im wrong about you being ugly .. like i said before ... hook me up with your number so i can hook up with you this weekend and put you in your place little girl

i lol'd at this, can't lie, but seriously man you are goign to get kicked very hard in the balls one day if you say sh it like that in public.

OP, i feel your pain. not getting an A sucks, esp when you're taking a prereq from a CC. *hug*

edit: oh you got an A. cool. hug recinded.

Members don't see this ad.

i lol'd at this, can't lie, but seriously man you are goign to get kicked very hard in the balls one day if you say sh it like that in public.

OP, i feel your pain. not getting an A sucks, esp when you're taking a prereq from a CC. *hug*

Is rescinding a hug even allowed?? Ouch, that sucks. I mean, that's like a stiff arm to a chick. You are one mean SOB :smuggrin:

This student is lame.

Mailed it in on the third exam.

A pain in the ass to the prof.

Trying to take advantage of people's mistakes (obviously the intent of the syllabus was different than his language).

You win on your report card.

You lose morally and as a person!

Members don't see this ad :)

lol i would never say that in public ... the internet is the only place you can go there

I never paid attention to this thread until I saw that it had 6 pages, so let me get this straight.

OP got a 103 and 78 on exams, wanted the exam #3 to be the average of those two, ~90, and then have the 78 dropped?

So you get a 103 and a 78 and expect a 96 exam average? I wish my grades worked like that

LawNonTrad, seriously, settle down. You can't afford to waste your valuable time and energy getting worked up over all the bull**** that goes on in your chem class. (Wait till you start working in a hospital ...) You need to learn to just let things go, for your own sake.

I'm a nontrad too, and probably even older than you. I worked on Wall Street for 20 years, went to business school, and did college and postbacc at Ivy League schools, and you wouldn't BELIEVE the amount of BS I've experienced in my life. Of course it wasn't fair, but I tried to ignore most of it and only speak up when something was truly important. (In postbacc,this happened only a couple of times over the course of 2 years.) But the most important thing I learned was that I had to let go of my anger and indignation about things that weren't fair, because 1) most of the time they weren't going to get fixed; and 2) those emotions were counterproductive to ME and what I wanted to accomplish.

You brought up various issues in your post. Let me try to address them:

1. Students who got the makeup: Totally irrelevant to you, since the class isn't curved. Never mind anyone else--worry about your own grade.

2. Prof gave misleading info about quiz content: I hope you've learned a lesson: never rely on what the prof says about exam content. I've seen profs outright LIE to the whole class about what would be on a test (he said it would be up to chapter 5, and there were questions on chapter 6), and even test chapters that hadn't been taught yet. Was anything ever done about it? Of course not. And the department wasn't about to interfere, because the prof had tenure. As others already said, assume anything that's been covered is fair game at all times.

3. Question Girl: it sounds like you'd be better off not going to class, if you can get away with it (although with the unannounced quizzes, you may not be able to). If you have to go, just do your best to ignore her and try to learn the material from the book later. Maybe you could use class time to do your homework instead of listening to the lecture.

Above all, learn to let go of your sense of outrage and just MOVE ON. F*** everyone else, you have better things to do. Otherwise this is just going to eat you alive.

^this

Last edited: