It all comes down to the NAPLEX

flyer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2003
    As I've been roughing it to choose my schools to apply to... I have been too meticulous about wallowing in the pros and cons of certain pharmacy schools. I realize that the most important thing is the % of students that pass the NAPLEX test.

At SDN, there is quite a range of people from everywhere. I thought it would be useful to start a thread where people could simply list the % of their schools or schools that they know of.

AACP has some helpful tables, but do not include this %.

About the Ads

tangellow

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Feb 2, 2005
      flyer said:
      I realize that the most important thing is the % of students that pass the NAPLEX test.

:laugh:

how much difference you thing there is between 97.5% and 98.5%??

you choose the best fit given what you say in your post i say you go to the easiest collegte you can find

crayola32

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jan 31, 2005
        Corradoracer said:
        i thought UOP had a weak passing rate

UOP had a weak cali exam passing rate but it was still higher than non cali schools.

Cali adopted the NAPLEX in 2004, so the 2003 classes were the last to take the old Cali exam. Pass rates for the class of 2003 were 75% as a whole, the overall pass rate was 55-60% in 2003. Now those that failed this exam had to retest taking the NAPLEX and the number for the cali students is
        98.1% as a whole. Thats a 23.1% jump on the students that were not anywhere near the top of their class.

The MPJE itself had rates of 99% UCSF, 92.1% WestrnU, 92% UOP, and 90% USC. Over all pass rate for the MPJE is 84.5%

emogrrrrl

I like my freedom
        7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Mar 3, 2004
        www.
        1. Fellow [Any Field]
          endlesslove said:
          So I pose this question to you guys:

which schools do people know of that have the LOWEST passing rate? :D this way, ppl will think twice about paying all that tuition money to go there :)

I may be wrong (please correct me if I am), but I'm pretty sure Texas Southern has one of the lowest. Last I heard it was within the 60th percentile.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.