It has been sent!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO4sure

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone...I am a relatively new poster...I am just elated that I have completed my application and at least that part is over!!!! I spent the most time trying to get my personal statement to fit in the space!! Why don't they give us 5300 characters like AMCAS???

Members don't see this ad.

First and Foremost, welcome to SDN.
I understand your situation. The space for the personal statements is so small.
GOOD LUCK.
If I might ask, what schools did you apply or how many schools.

Congrats on getting your application in! :clap: Now it's on to secondaries. Let the games begin! Good luck on the application process, and welcome to SDN!

Members don't see this ad :)
They don't give you the 5,300 characters because they want you to write a crapy essay.

I applied to both and I tried to use some of my AMCAS essay but I had to change most of the personal statement.

AK

•••quote:•••Originally posted by DO4sure:
•Hi everyone...I am a relatively new poster...I am just elated that I have completed my application and at least that part is over!!!! I spent the most time trying to get my personal statement to fit in the space!! Why don't they give us 5300 characters like AMCAS???•••••Way to stay on top of it DO4sure! Hopefully I'll get mine's in within the next week. Do let us know when you start receiving secondaries. Good Luck! :p

DO4sure I'll be praying for you for sure. Hopefully this will be an exciting year for you. You've already completed the first step...now secondaries will be arriving in a few weeks or months and then the game really begins. I know you'll get several interviews and will be telling us about being accepted into the class of 2007. I'm already proud of you. Be sure to update us and please enjoy this year!!!

Thanks everyone for the words of support! I have applied to PCOM,UMDNJ-SOM, & NOVA ...I am awaiting secondaries and of course my MCAT scores!!! God-willing I did well...

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doc AdamK in 2006:
•They don't give you the 5,300 characters because they want you to write a crapy essay.

I applied to both and I tried to use some of my AMCAS essay but I had to change most of the personal statement.

AK•••••Hi Doc Adam...I haven't submitted my apps to AMCAS yet because my heart is really with Osteopathic...what is everyone's thoughts about applying to both???

I sent in mine yesterday night and it sure feels good to have it out of my hands! :) I applied to 4: CCOM, PCOM, NYCOM, and NOVA. My first choice is CCOM. Can't wait for the interviews to start. :wink:

DO4sure

First of all, congratulations and good luck.

Secondly...if you want to be a DO, apply to DO schools.

I was told by a director of Admissions at a DO school that they "understand that many students apply to MD schools as well, but they really enjoy if when a student applies all-DO for the right reasons."

I guess the right reason in your case is because you want to be a DO. Sounds good to me.

Let me know if you want any opinions or have questions about PCOM. I will be starting there in the fall and would be more than happy to answer Qs about the interview and such.

Also, there are plenty of students on these boards from PCOM that are helpful as well.

Again, good luck.

Hi JP! Thanks for the suppport...and congrats on starting PCOM in the fall! What was the interview like? I met with the minority recruiter there 2 years ago and I really liked the atmosphere, however when I went to an open house at UMDNJ-SOM I fell in love!!! I really felt like I was MEANT to be there, do you know what I mean?? But I do like PCOM as well and it is definitely up there as my #1.5 choice! Still waiting for MCAT scores...I see from other posts otheres have been surprised with their scores but I can't harp on that...I'll just wait and see!!!

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if AACOMAS sends you an e-mail to confirm that your application was successfully submitted? I'd have to admit that getting that application submitted was a big relief (woo hoo!) but now onto secondaries. Thanks all, much appreciated.

I just emailed AACOMAS and they told me that my application was verified and is scheduled to be sent to my designated schools in the middle of June.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doctortobee:
•I just emailed AACOMAS and they told me that my application was verified and is scheduled to be sent to my designated schools in the middle of June.•••••Wow, that's fast. When did you submit? Were all your transcripts in already? I have one more to send them.

I submitted on May 12th...My transcript was sent about 4 weeks ago.