1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

it is done!!!

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by olemissbabydoc, Apr 16, 2007.

1. olemissbabydoc

olemissbabydoc Baby Doctor
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Just got home... test was pretty as expected. Lots of physics, not too bad on OChem.

Honestly, i'm clueless as to how I did. Verbal was LOONG, but i'm a focused reader and felt decent about it...

Just prayers for 30 more days, + or - a few!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. surferdoc

surferdoc SurFeR DoC
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The physics was much eaiser than the April 7th physics! The BS was too except for that passage on optical rotation I thought was weird. Verbal was kind of annoying. What did you guys think??

4. surferdoc

surferdoc SurFeR DoC
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I thought that passage about the lake was lame also...that one and the optical rotation one I thought were bad.

5. evee

evee New Member

Pre-Medical
    PS was OK, could have been better. I only had 1 min left at the end, so I couldnt really look over my marked questions.

Verbal was killer... it was longgg and just different from the practice ones

WS - good I liked both the prompts.

BS - I feel I bombed this... I was unsure about both organic passages (aldol condensation and optical activity one) the bio passage about the monkey was just ******ed and I also got confused reading the passage about 5HT receptor..

:(

6. FrickenhugeMD

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    overall I thought that the PS was right about on for most of the later AAMC test.

Verbal: LOOOOOOOOOOOONG passages, not particularly hard reads, but time consuming. Questions werent that bad, right on par.

Bio: was definatly harder than AAMC 10, no doubt in my mind. Alot of reading to get some of the information out of it.

Overall I felt pretty good leaving there that I got above a 30 (crosses fingers). heres to 30 days of waiting!

7. overthinker2

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I just finished writing my MCAT...30 minutes ago...upon leaving I was informed that I was going to be written up (as in an official report to be given to AAMC)...during my break before the final biological sciences section...I went to my locker...after taking a sip of my drink I took my phone out to check my text messages...the lady in the lounge asked me what I was doin (she was sittin about 2 feet behind me...with nothing and no one in between us)...I was like "oh checking my messages.." she asked if it was a phone and I said "yes"...once I said yes...I actually realized what just happened and that cell phones were not to be taken out!!...I even showed her immediately after she asked what was on my screen...then I put it away...

I wasnt prepared to be told after finishing the test that I was going to be written up...I broke down and cried...I felt like such a criminal...even though nothing like this has ever happened to be before...I never had as much as one thought of doing anything wrong...I cried the whole entire ride home...and I'm still crying!...typing while the tears roll down....

I've been eating, breathing, dreaming, living the MCAT's for the last 3 years of my life...it consumes my days and nights...and for everything to come crashing down in 10 seconds is making me want to leap off a bridge...

please someone...please tell me something...anything...what is AAMC going to do? void my scores? how are they going to view such a report...how is this report going to read? has this messed up my chances for med school?

i should be crying about how hard the test was (cuz it was extremely hard and stressful)...instead...im stuck crying and stressing over this

i couldnt be wait for this day to be done with...to be done with the stress and the worrying and now it's even WORSE!!!! :confused:

I wish I could explain how I feel right now :( :(

8. InTheMiddle73

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Bio was horrible on this exam!!! I wanted to cry then, and that's usually my best section, so who knows how the others went... :(

9. surferdoc

surferdoc SurFeR DoC
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    ahh thats ridiculous! I didn't even know that we couldn't use cell phones. What happens when you get written up? I feel that it won't really make such a difference and you could explain what happened.

10. olemissbabydoc

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Strangely, I felt better about Bio than physics... we shall see. It was an incredibly hard bio, but the lack of insane orgo made it a little easier. Now, 30 days of waiting.

I'm feeling a retake, but also as if the next time won't be nearly as stressful.. Anyone have any idea what the latest test dates are for this (2008) app cycle?

11. Concubine

Concubine PDE5 inhibited
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Finally over. The BS section was terrible! I thought the other two were ok. Overall, I definitely think that it was harder than CBT10.

12. MDAdam

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I do not think think it will be a big deal. The worst case scenario I see happening is that they void your test and you will have to take it again. It will suck if this is what happens, but I don't see it jeopardizing your chances of getting into medical school. There is also the chance that nothing really happens. I am sure that this type of incident is not uncommon. Hang in there. Don't lose hope!

But as far as the test... wow. We were given 5 minutes to decide to submit our MCAT for grading, and I spent 4:59 deliberating if I should click "Do not submit". The VR and BS were challenging. The PS was about normal. I will use up all 30 days of waiting to recuperate from the test. For now I am going to eat my blizzard that I bought from Dairy Queen.

13. RunningScared

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    ^^^amen, brother.

14. Concubine

Concubine PDE5 inhibited
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think the O-Chem section on aldol condensation was tough, I have always had a hard time visualizing those problems...and then the HNMR question, why oh why couldn't it have been and IR question instead.

15. anumama

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    thank god its over! cheers (raises nice cold beer):D

16. humerus

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Well, this phase is over. Now the more torturous one begins...

I usually don't post heartfelt stuff, but tonight, maybe the Coronas have gotten to me, but I feel the compulsion to wax bleeding heart style. This was my 2nd attempt, but like the first time two years ago, I ran out of time for ALL three sections. I agree with some of the posts, that overall the test was not off the wall. I was finishing on time with the practice CBTs but it just seems that when nerves are involved, I literally blink, and the ****'s over. So for PS, I must've blindly guessed on 7 Q's; verbal 1 passage; and BS, 5 Q's. I kept telling myself that I should cut my losses and move on, but it was damn near impossible.

In any case, I'm rethinking this whole MCAT thing and whether I want to put my life on hold yet again, and if the whole nerves thing is indeed insurmoutable. I suppose the main reasons for posting are 1) to whine 2) make someone feel not so alone who may feel the same as I. As for tonight, I will drink (while reading SDN, of course). I've got a lot of drunken thinking to do.

17. MDAdam

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I hear you. This was my first time taking the test and one the drive back I got stuck in traffic which gave me time to think. Thoughts raced through my head--I was wondering wether I failed the thing or did OK. I think it is unlikely that I met my goal. I guessed on more questions than usual, which always makes me think that I did terrible on every part of the test. But on my way back home I stopped by the liquor store and have officially started the early stages of lamentation. Cheers.

18. humerus

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    :thumbup: Here's to good health and sanity.

19. killinsound

Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    congrats guys :)

20. alok

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Ok, guys

The test was horrible, as usual. I was wondering as to how they make the scale for it. Isn't it based on how everyone else does? Let's hope
    that everyone does bad and that scale isn't too bad. yeah??

21. Mark84

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Congrats to everyone who took it today, I'm sure you guys will do fine.

22. olemissbabydoc

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    I was wondering the same... hope so!

23. lala83

lala83 Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i was happy to be done with it today too. but it was terrible to get the news of the vtech shooting right when i left the center. definitely wasn't in the mood to celebrate after hearing about it...

24. olemissbabydoc

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, so so so sad...

25. Mufasa2020

Pre-Medical
    That's funny you say that because I felt like crying on my way home. I don't usually drink but I made friends with the liquor store on Monday got smashed and came home to read SDN threads. Lets just hope luck was on my side!

26. asyouwish

7+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I feel somewhat better after reading this forum. I also thought the Bio section was rough. Happy for the minimal orgo, but the monkey/genetics passages were strange. I hope the curve will help us all since most people seem to think it was hard!

Hey, did anybody have issues with the score versus void thing at the end? I know I'm being paranoid, but shouldn't there have been some kind of confirmation that we did indeed choose to have the test scored?

27. olemissbabydoc

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    shoot, I was glad to see that page... Although I will admit, void was a little tempting (much more than I thought it would be after $210 dollars and 11 months of studying and putting myself through that test).

You're making me paranoid now, hopefully i chose the right answer.. hahaha

28. DiscoDoc

DiscoDoc Till I Collapse
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    First time anyone has called the MCAT "Pretty". I thought it was kinda ugly myself! :laugh: :p

29. MDAdam

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah, the format and appeal seemed to have taken a step backwards from the practice CBTs. I found the periodic table to be a little annoying. It would get in the way when I was trying to read a question and refer back to the table.

30. lala83

lala83 Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i agree, void button = super tempting! i stared at that page for a good 30 seconds to make sure i was pushing the right button because i was so delirious. i'm assuming that if you had clicked the void button, a page would've come up confirming that you in fact did want to void the test (or at least, that would make the most sense).

31. sexyman

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    ha im thinking about it now hoping i didnt pick the wrong one by accident! i know exactly what you mean.

32. alok

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    For those of you wondering about whether or not you have actually finished the test and whether it is in the AAMC records, you should have gotten a certificate-like document from the testing center that said that you have completed the mcat and that you will get the score in 30 days, etc. It has also has your register id on it.

On the second thought, maybe not every test center does this. The center i went to did.

33. Flymm

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    As someone who has voided before, the only way to know if you voided is if you get a score in may or not. There is no confirmation page, no paper they give you if you did versus if you didn't get it scored. Have fun freaking out either way if you clicked the correct one! :confused:

34. jiberishchic

I was afraid to check this forum until today because I was afraid everyone was going to say how easy the April 16 MCAT was and then I would know that I did poorly. It is a huge relief that others thought it was hard too :)

35. olemissbabydoc

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, it was pretty much insane. LOL. now we just...wait. ugh.