"IT IS YOUR DESTINY" - Optimus Prime

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuperSaiyan3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEY GUYS

I need your opinion on this.

okay, so we know that it's much harder for students OUT OF PROVINCE to get into a school than a student IN province.

I have a mediocre GPA at the moment (3.465.. going into 3rd year).

You do not require English OR biochemistry in Med Schools in Ontario.

Therefore, should I....

1. just forget about the out of province path and just take easy courses to boost up your GPA (I'm bad at English and biochem) to increase my chances in getting accepted IN province?

2. or try to increase my chances of getting accepted ACROSS CANADA by taking English and Biochem? But this would not improve my GPA because I am not very good at English and Biochem...

let me hear your 2 cents!

Frankly, I think step 1 is much more logical... wouldn't you agree?

Members don't see this ad.

I had no idea what you were talking about until you mentioned Ontairo. Ah...Canada. I see. There aren't a plethora of Canadian pre-meds here, but there are some. A better thread title will draw more attention.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had no idea what you were talking about until you mentioned Ontairo. Ah...Canada. I see. There aren't a plethora of Canadian pre-meds here, but there are some. A better thread title will draw more attention.
His name is Super Saiyan, what do you expect?

i would say focus on getting accepted in ontario. considering that most provinces have only 1 med school compared to the 5 in ontario, your chances of being accepted out of province are very slim with a so-so gpa (especially if taking english and biochem brings it down more).

on a related note, who else is being forced to stop twiddling their thumbs and start working on their personal statement now that omsas is (finally) up? i was enjoying watching the amcas frenzy... but now it's canada's turn. :(

His name is Super Saiyan, what do you expect?

the name is Super Saiyan THREE!

Super Saiyan is much weaker than the 3rd level of super saiyanness.

ya i guess the title really didn't work out too well eh?

A power level over 9000. You?
over9000.jpg