CaryMiddlecoff

10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2006
Status
It will never happen to me. We go through life repeating this over and over. Well, purchased Topscore settled in at 8:30 to take the exam (same time as my actual test). Anyway, smooth cruising through 16 questions, when starting with question 17 just answers, no questions. Well, I skipped ahead a few, (hoping it's just one or two questions this way), however, when I reached question 40 their was still just answers and no questions.

Initially, I thought the complaints about Topscore were coming from overzealous SDNers complaining about minor issues. Now I have to deal with Topscore's support via their highly sophisticated problems form. Anyone have issues like this? Oh, on a side note, I already tried reinstalling the program. It didn't work.

As I began this email, it will never happen to me. Right?

SpikeyMike83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2005
GA
Status
I dunno. When I had the problem, it was only a couple questions at the beginning of one test, and it didn't always do it. Maybe it's not completely messed up.

Although, I can see how they could be. My copy clearly was a burnt CD that I could have bought at Wal-Mart with a Topscore label on it. CD's are not that expensive. So you would think they could use higher quality ones and actually test them before sending them out!

issa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
Status
this problem is from microsoft access. topscore was made using access, so if you can find a copy of microsoft office on any sharing problems and download it it will fix the problem.

SpikeyMike83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2005
GA
Status
huh, that's interesting. If you're still in undergrad, I know most schools will give you Microsoft Office at ITS.

Indie

10+ Year Member
May 3, 2006
Florida
Status
Dental Student
CaryMiddlecoff said:
It will never happen to me. We go through life repeating this over and over. Well, purchased Topscore settled in at 8:30 to take the exam (same time as my actual test). Anyway, smooth cruising through 16 questions, when starting with question 17 just answers, no questions. Well, I skipped ahead a few, (hoping it's just one or two questions this way), however, when I reached question 40 their was still just answers and no questions.

Initially, I thought the complaints about Topscore were coming from overzealous SDNers complaining about minor issues. Now I have to deal with Topscore's support via their highly sophisticated problems form. Anyone have issues like this? Oh, on a side note, I already tried reinstalling the program. It didn't work.

As I began this email, it will never happen to me. Right?

Had the same problem a while back.... Do you have Norton Antivirus?? If so, Heres how you fix it.. P.S. this is from topscores website, so im not trying to mess up your computer or do something stupid to it....
To disable Norton Antivirus Script Blocking:
1. Start Norton Antivirus from your START menu.
2. On the main Norton Antivirus window, click on Options.
3. On the left, under System options, click Script Blocking.**
4. On the right, uncheck the check box "Enable Script Blocking"
5. Exit Norton Antivirus.
6. You may need to reinstall TopScore Pro. Note: This will erase your tests.

Yellow Snow

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
Pacific NW
Status
Pre-Dental
Thanks for posting the solution. I was having this problem too.

OP
C

CaryMiddlecoff

10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2006
Status
Thanks for the fast replies. I will wait for Topscore's response, and then give these troubleshooting approaches a try.