It worked!!! It worked!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spacecadet

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I talked to the accountant lady and she said the bug was supposedly fixed. Well, it seems to be! It FINALLY took my application. Whoopie! Hooray! :D :D :D

Now I just have to worry about them losing my transcripts, since I have five of them and they are under two different names. Oh well, one thing at a time! :eek:

Pam

Members don't see this ad.

I finally submitted!

One error message, but I got 'have a nice day' thing.

I will just wait till end of this month before I check on my transcript.

you are never going to believe this..........I submitted at lightning speed without any errors or anything!!!!!!!!!!! It was fast, and it took my credit card number and gave me a transaction record and then it said have a nice day and a couple of minutes later it logged me out!!!! no errors or anything. shocking!!! can't believe it went smoothly. maybe they did get the submission error fixed! good luck to everyone else.

later

Members don't see this ad :)
5 different transcripts? That's a lot.

Originally posted by emdeetwobee:
•5 different transcripts? That's a lot.•

Yeah, I'm a non-trad with a master's. One school for undergrad, one school for master's, three schools to fulfill my medical prereqs. Whew!

I figure the odds are not good of AMCAS finding all five. But at least I can be happy today! :)

Pam

wow! maybe i should have waited to submit. i submitted two weeks ago and it took FIVE HOURS and countless error messages before it went through....and this was in the middle of the night. i think i started to cry when it finally went through. luckily my credit card was only charged once (i already checked).

congrats, everyone.

I called AMCAS and got a real person on the phone in 40 minutes this morning. I was busy on my computer with the phone up to my ear when I realized there was a person talking to me on the other side of the phone. She was very nice and Very knowledgable.

She looked in 8 different places for the error that caused them to change my name, my missing transcripts, etc... She didn't give up upon hitting dead ends and in the end I was releved to have my name changed to my real name, my lost transcript located and to my huge relief she was able to see my application was received and is being processed. She did say to ignore email messages due to their computer sending out messages randomly.

If you get a message saying you should submit again, but balance is $0.00, can't edit essays, credit card has been charged... She said DON'T SUBMIT AGAIN. The message you received is an error. Don't listen to it. Try to call them first before you do anything else.

Good luck to all that are still sludging their way through. The end is in sight :D