Technology Itouch and epocrates...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych7711

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I think I've finally decided on getting the itouch. I'm getting really annoyed with the size and decreasing battery life of my palm tungsten...

Has anyone had experience downloading epocrates on the itouch? I went to the website and its possible but it mentioned that a requirement is wifi upgrades. What does that mean? Would I have to buy wifi or could I tap of over the hospital's, etc where I work. Can't I just sync it to my computer for epocrates upgrades as I did with the tungsten.

Also, if anyone has any better ideas for a gadget that is smaller than the itouch to install epocrates on please let me know. All I really care about is the epocrates and the size of the gadget...want to be able to carry it in my pocket. So I don't want to spend a fortune just for epocrates but at this point I can't even upgrade my phone to a palm centro so I'm stuck.

Any ideas about how to get a new battery for my Palm Tungsten E? Could I install it myself? I don't want to wait for weeks and send it to the company, etc.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know what the battery on your Tungsten is like, but I honestly don't think the battery life of the Itouch is that great. If you're using it a lot, you'd probably have to plug it in every night. Mine dies much faster than the one in my old ipod (which does make sense, since it's lighting a much larger screen).

WIFI upgrades means that you just have to find a free access point once in a while to update Epocrates. I would say doing it even as little as once a month would be enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
so you could use epocrates even offline?

so you could use epocrates even offline?
Yes, you can use ePocrates offline.

Why do people insist on calling it an iTouch? It's an iPod Touch, not an iTouch. Just like it's aggravating to us diehard Apple fans to hear people call a black MacBook a BlackBook. Ugh.

Yes, you can use ePocrates offline.

Why do people insist on calling it an iTouch? It's an iPod Touch, not an iTouch. Just like it's aggravating to us diehard Apple fans to hear people call a black MacBook a BlackBook. Ugh.

I just call the black MB an expensive paint job. :D