1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

It's 1:15am and I just finished EK #1H...hmm

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by 229141, Dec 29, 2008.

1. 229141

Pre-Medical
    -Took AAMC #3 and got 36 (BS 14, PS 11, VR 11)
    -Kaplan test I got a 37: (BS 13, PS 11, VR 13)

Just took ExamKrackers #1H and got a friendly slap in the face:

BS 11, PS 10, VR 11 for a 32

I'd be happy with a 32 on the real deal, don't get me wrong!...but I'm surprised I dropped so low from the Kaplan and AAMC test. A big part of it were topics...got some topics I knew perfectly on Kap/AAMC and was stumped on a few passages on EK.

I know I've heard people hate the EK tests, but it definitely gave me a new perspective and a much needed kick in the ass :D

2. Simran1031

Simran1031 Princess of 2014=)
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    36 on an actually aamc exam is great!! =)

3. creativekat

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I took 1H and got a 19...that was way early on though and it was my first test. two months later, I took an AAMC and got 28...

4. Myuu

Myuu 例えば、貴方の名前を忘れてしまうとか。 。。
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Motivation is always, always good. Make sure you try more than one of the AAMC practice tests, so you'll be adequately prepared. The selection on test-day is pretty random, so it's quite possible to get slammed with all of your "weak" topics.

Also, I would recommend taking practice tests during the time of day you'll be taking the actual one. I think better at night, but there's no way the AAMC would let me take the MCAT at that time of night. :laugh::thumbup::luck:

5. 229141

Pre-Medical
    Oh yeah you're right on- It makes sense a few weak topics could mess your score up, just motivation to improve the weak points :) I'll try the next one at 8am like the real deal too!

6. cyclin M

cyclin M megaman
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hmmm maybe the 1:15 am bit had something to do with your score going down hahaha but awesome Kaplan/AAMC scores. :thumbup:

BTW I've found that EK verbal is pretty much just like the AAMC MCAT passages. Some answers in the back are questionable though.

7. 229141

Pre-Medical
    Thats good news then. I'm gonna back off the practice tests for a bit considering I still haven't had physics 2. Just going to grind out some good studying for 2 months then see if I go back up :)

8. akademix

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    word man, heres some more inspiration to you just so you dont get complacent..i scored pretty much the same as you did on aamc 3-- 11 13 13, but remember that test is like 20 years old and has been frequently mentioned on the boards as non-representative of the current mcat...for whatever thats worth...this is gonna sound mad emo, but for me, i work better when i am not satisfied, and like to find flaws in what im doing, even if its scoring high like that, just so i can keep motivated and keep it movin yadig?...you aint ron jeremy yet my dude, so just keep it in perspective, and keep at it. dont get me wrong, its good, but again like you said the ek test was a good kick in the butt to get yourself goin again, maybe this will be too. what i tell myself is, a 37 aint a 37 unless its on the real thing, everything else dont mean a thang. keep up the work though.

akademix

9. 229141

Pre-Medical
    Great post man, this is my attitude too. Practice tests mean nothing unless you score big on game day. Instead of letting people pat you on the ass telling you how good you are, ignore praise and look to make yourself better and better. I believe that confidence can kill your drive to better yourself sometimes

10. junkct

5+ Year Member

So is EK #1H a worthwhile test? Is it representative of the real thing?

11. 229141

Pre-Medical
    All I know is out of the 4 practice tests I've had, I never got lower than a 35 EXCEPT for this one. Not sure why...it was probably due to the fact I got slammed by a few passages where I was clueless and also that there are numerous errors in this test

12. Confection

Confection oh so sweet!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I agree! Why are you taking a practice test so late?!?!? Crazy! :laugh: