Its All Worth It

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDAD

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This post is to increase the MCAT blahs that we all seem to be going through.

I don't know how I am going to do on the actual thing, but I have been working my gluteus maximus off lately.

I am not the smartest, and I know that I am going to be outscored by many of you on SDN, but I just smoked my recent EK test.(just a 30min)

Hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end.

Members don't see this ad.

I totally agree.

I've reduced my tv watching to one episode a week... Trading Spaces, for the sake of the MCAT.

I've reduced my social life a lot, and increased my fitness plan, and you're so true, the feeling at the end of this will be oh so worth it.

Thanks for posting this!

Just to second that it's all worth it, it's especially worth it when you find out you got into medical school. Just remember that you are going to take your MCAT in a few months... which means you'll be applying to medical school over the summer... which means the next time it's this cold out you'll be hearing back!!!

Good luck to all you guys and girls.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dunno what number I am but wanted to add my two cents. Definatly, it's worth it and it is a lot of sacrifce but as the saying goes anything worth doing.... It seems hard now but just imagine that day when you get that little envelope with a thirty+ score,,,,then all this will look like nothing,,,,I bet we won't even remember it. We're going to MAKE it! I know we will. Just hang in there.

Originally posted by Anka
Just to second that it's all worth it, it's especially worth it when you find out you got into medical school. Just remember that you are going to take your MCAT in a few months... which means you'll be applying to medical school over the summer... which means the next time it's this cold out you'll be hearing back!!!

Good luck to all you guys and girls.

Forgot this test was for medical school.......stupid optics.

I just want to say that I am also working my a** off and I think it is worth it. I read alot and have talked to many people who try to say "well, it's not that hard, anyone who is decently smart will pass..." and so forth. Really, I guess what I want to say is that it is worth it and forget what people tell you about it being so easy if you're smart, etc. If you want to be a doctor go be a doctor and be a great one and feel pride that you did everything you could. It's not easy, it's alot of work, and anything that is worthwhile is. People that try to belittle your undergraduate school or your intelligence are simply showing their lack of social skills, I think it's great to hear that you are all supportive and telling us that it is worth it, I feel that it definetly is; whatever score I receive I will be happy. So, I don't want to sound all sappy so I'm going to change my tone, screw those who put you down and act like they're smarter than you or put their 40T in your face. Work hard and be proud. I hope we all get in to med. school at one point or another...(although I am sad to say there are those who are taking the MCATs that I hope do not get in due to their lack of social skills)...just a thought from my overly tired brain...

Even though the scores aren't out, I am glad I spent all the time I could. Now at least I can tell my parents "No matter what, I did my best."

I guess it's all worth if you'll get to med school!!!

Also,MCAT preparation and applying to medical school works good for the weight loss...I went from size 8 to size 4, and I was not fat, actually I am 5'10", so, now I look like stick....