Quantcast

It's Amazon Prime Day and I just saw that First Aid is 55% off!

Achieve USMLE Step PREP Success | Picmonic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatjelly

Meow
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming it's too early for me to buy First Aid now--I'm matriculating in August--but just thought I'd let rising M2s know. :)

Reactions: 1 user

haha, I was just about t post about this too....you beat me to it. Looks like a great deal!

Is it worth buying it now or is it better I wait?

First aid is a review book. You shouldn't be "reviewing" anything as an MS1 since you should be too busy learning new information

sliceofbread136

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First aid is a review book. You shouldn't be "reviewing" anything as an MS1 since you should be too busy learning new information

Nothing wrong with reading it alongside your class material, makes you more familiar with the book come dedicated

Taddy Mason

30 Helens agree
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it worth buying it now or is it better I wait?
You'll get different opinions on here - it all depends on how you learn and how your school tests (e.g., uses NBMEs). I bought it before 1st year and only used it for a few immunology mnemonics. IMHO you're better off waiting until January of the year you take Step. It would be worth seeing if you can get a used copy for cheap or free from upperclassmen to at least familiarize yourself with it.

Reactions: 1 users