It's August 8th UNC, where are you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Inuranic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a couple of us got the "you passed our screen" UNC email awhile ago. I was under the impression the secondary would be out "mid-July". I know the instate MD-only people have gotten a secondary, and I've been to the website that has a secondary on it (but is it for IS only?).

Has anyone gotten either the MD-only or MSTP UNC OOS secondary?

Since I mentioned North Carolina, hats-off to those that undertook the Duke secondary. I didn't apply to Duke because of A) It would be sort of a reach and B) There's no way I'm going to put that much effort in for one school.

Kudos to everyone who's going for it.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone gotten either the MD-only or MSTP UNC OOS secondary?

Kudos to everyone who's going for it.

No I haven't received the secondary yet. I got the 'passed the screen' email early early July or so, thinking that once July 15th came around it'd be posted or I'd get another email but no such luck.....They don't even begin interviewing until the end of January however so I figure, what's the rush? Although i wish I could be done with all (yes ALL) of my secondaries before the semester starts.....

Duke - yeah. So after I got over my initial shock of just the sheer number of essays, I sat down and actually thought about each essay in particular. Guess what - each essay has at least 3 components you must address. In other words, multiply 7 essays times 3 and you see the absurdity of it all.....and what's even worse is that I basically can't reuse any of my other essays!!!!!!!

AAARGH!!!!!!!!!

angrily
-j

Duke - yeah. So after I got over my initial shock of just the sheer number of essays, I sat down and actually thought about each essay in particular. Guess what - each essay has at least 3 components you must address. In other words, multiply 7 essays times 3 and you see the absurdity of it all.....and what's even worse is that I basically can't reuse any of my other essays!!!!!!!

AAARGH!!!!!!!!!

angrily
-j

I hear ya. After sitting down and looking at the app myself, I quickly decided that Durham was not worth the effort. Plus, Knoxville is having a heat wave right now, so I'm reminded of how much I hate hot weather. Raleigh/Durham is hotter than Knoxville. The last nail has been put in the coffin: I'm withdrawing from Duke.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear ya. After sitting down and looking at the app myself, I quickly decided that Durham was not worth the effort. Plus, Knoxville is having a heat wave right now, so I'm reminded of how much I hate hot weather. Raleigh/Durham is hotter than Knoxville. The last nail has been put in the coffin: I'm withdrawing from Duke.

Amen.

And we all know that Dean Smith+Roy Williams >> Coach K

Dukies hardly ever cut it in the NBA anyways. I can only think of a few that have really made an impact (Hill, Boozer, Duhon is alright. Laettner was a total bum!) Having said that, is the UNC screen at all rigorous? Has anyone been rejected pre-secondary?

Just got an email from Liz Garman - UNC Secondary is up!

-j

Me too - am I seeing this right? NO ESSAYS?!?!

Yeah...maybe it's $65 with sales tax? :rolleyes:

Yeah! Isn't $68.00 such a weird value?

-j

Less weird than $69.

No essays to write, no redundant pre-req tables to fill out...GO TARHEELS! That other Tobacco Road school could learn a few things from UNC ;-)

As a UNC-CH graduate, I'm loving this pro-Carolina talk. go tarheels!

I totally missed those original posts. Are you guys crazy?!? I admit Dean Smith is a champ, but Roy Williams is a mendacious sell-out with zero fashion sense. He contributes negative to that equation, so Coach K reigns. And while I'm Carolina-bashing, Hansborough's wide-eyed, vapid mug makes him look like Buzz Lightyear, although I hear (from a UNC student, mind you) that he's less intelligent than a two-pound hunk of plastic.

I totally missed those original posts. Are you guys crazy?!? I admit Dean Smith is a champ, but Roy Williams is a mendacious sell-out with zero fashion sense. He contributes negative to that equation, so Coach K reigns. And while I'm Carolina-bashing, Hansborough's wide-eyed, vapid mug makes him look like Buzz Lightyear, although I hear (from a UNC student, mind you) that he's less intelligent than a two-pound hunk of plastic.

yo momma.

Sorry, I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I thought the trash talking needed some dumbing down.

-j

yo momma.

Sorry, I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I thought the trash talking needed some dumbing down.

-j

Haha you have to understand that most UNC-Duke trashtalking is all in jest. Unless it's the week of a Duke-UNC basketball game :mad:

Haha you have to understand that most UNC-Duke trashtalking is all in jest. Unless it's the week of a Duke-UNC basketball game :mad:

unc-duke trash talking is one of the BEST things about going to school in NC. coach K resemblance of a devil is too real and very scary:thumbdown:

Wow, I actually never noticed that Coach K looks like the blue devil, and basketball is my life. I always thought that he looks like a rat, a sneaky little rat whose little rat-daughters cry whenever Duke loses in the tournament. Sorry, solitude; Duke is great, but go UNC!

Yay local sports team!

Go favorite game!

Sorry about the last post, guys. Nothing gets me going like college bball talk!

Wow, I actually never noticed that Coach K looks like the blue devil, and basketball is my life. I always thought that he looks like a rat, a sneaky little rat whose little rat-daughters cry whenever Duke loses in the tournament. Sorry, solitude; Duke is great, but go UNC!

Haha I actually agree with you: he does kind of look like a rat. As it happens, he's a huge prick in real life in my limited experience (and everything that I've heard). Best coach though.