It'S Christmas-time, What is the TIMELINE to hear back for interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miruvntr24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my applications, secondaries, letters of rec and everything is complete for the remainding D.O. schools I applied to. But now it is Christmas and I am wondering.... "Is there something else I am suppose to be doing while I wait for interviews?" Should I be calling the schools? Should I be double checking application completion? Should I be calling schools weekly and asking for my app status?

Are any of you doing something that I am missing? I have a huge fear my application is just lost in the mix and will never be looked at because I did something wrong. What are you doing ? :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

So my applications, secondaries, letters of rec and everything is complete for the remainding D.O. schools I applied to. But now it is Christmas and I am wondering.... "Is there something else I am suppose to be doing while I wait for interviews?" Should I be calling the schools? Should I be double checking application completion? Should I be calling schools weekly and asking for my app status?

Are any of you doing something that I am missing? I have a huge fear my application is just lost in the mix and will never be looked at because I did something wrong. What are you doing ? :idea:

It never hurts to call and check on the status of your application. Many adcoms will break for the holidays and take 10 or so days away from the process, so it'll probably be difficult to get answers then. After calling and checking on your application, depending on the school you may be able to update them with activities completed since the submission of your application, or your grades. Calling weekly seems a bit extreme, but there is no harm in dropping a line every couple of weeks or so.

Im in the same boat. BUMP for more information about this. For those of you who got interviews, how long did it take after submitting secondaries, and in what format was the interview invitation (e-mail or postal mail)?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Im in the same boat. BUMP for more information about this. For those of you who got interviews, how long did it take after submitting secondaries, and in what format was the interview invitation (e-mail or postal mail)?

Thanks!

I think it depends on the school as far as how quickly they get back to you. I got my interview invite from KCOM 2 days after completion, 5 days after completion from PNWU, and 11 days after completion from LECOM-E. All of which were by email. I've read CCOM is slower in getting back to applicants (I'm still waiting on them as well). Not sure about the other schools.

I was waiting figuring that I wasn't going to hear from any schools until after New Years, but I received two invites yesterday, so it seems like some of the schools are working on applications right now.

I didn't actually call those schools to check on my status since I was complete (around the beginning of the month) specifically because I thought they were going to be on break. But I know it sometimes makes you feel better being proactive (kind of like my pointless pestering of AACOMAS every week while waiting for verification). So they're apparently in the office still at some of the schools so it can't hurt to call.

I was waiting figuring that I wasn't going to hear from any schools until after New Years, but I received two invites yesterday, so it seems like some of the schools are working on applications right now.

I didn't actually call those schools to check on my status since I was complete (around the beginning of the month) specifically because I thought they were going to be on break. But I know it sometimes makes you feel better being proactive (kind of like my pointless pestering of AACOMAS every week while waiting for verification). So they're apparently in the office still at some of the schools so it can't hurt to call.

Do you mind if I ask what two schools you received your invites from this week?

DMU and LECOM-Erie.

Congrats on the interview...

I was just happy to get my complete e-mail today.
I'll get relieved to get the first at every stage...so next for me is getting the first interview...

Congrats on the interview...

I was just happy to get my complete e-mail today.
I'll get relieved to get the first at every stage...so next for me is getting the first interview...

Thank you! Good luck to you as well. The first of everything is an interesting feeling. First, there is a big sigh of relief. Next comes the realization that you have more to do to get ready. Last, you sort of relax and accept what is in front of you. Or at least I did. DMU says 30 days until they send you a decision, but in reality it didn't take my file that long and I think a few others have been somewhere around the 3-3.5 week mark as well. Good luck!