its done!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soon2bdoc2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
certified my ROL noon today.. good luck everyone.. just 3 weeks and change until the big day!

Members don't see this ad.

I just certified mine last night - feels good, doesn't it? The only question now is: where?

Does anyone have any statisitics on how many applicants got their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice last year? Data for both US and IMG grads would be useful.

I have to admit, I am somewhat stressed about this match. I consider myself to be a good applicant, but everyone is talking about the increased competition this year. Everyone I talk to said it's much more competitive than years past, but in years past it was totally noncompetitive. Therefore, it is a complete mystery as to what "competitive" means. Is it like ortho, ENT, ophtho, rads? Or like IM, maybe OB/GYN? Or is it still relatively easy, like general surgery, psychiatry, or neurology? Just trying to allay my own anxiety. So if anyone has some hard core stats that I can ponder, I would be very appreciative.

You do know you can still change it though right? I thought I was home free too when I certified that bad boy on Friday... and then I found out we can very easily alter it and re-certify. Hence, I've probably changed it about 10 times since... 3 times this morning alone. It ain't over till the fat lady sings, and that's not till 11:59pm tomorrow gentlemen...

Good luck to everyone!

(edited by Cuts, for fear of reprisal by sensitive Barr bodies)

I have some anecdotal evidence for you.

I interviewed at many prestigous programs on the east coast and wasn't turned down for any anesthesia interviews. I got rejected at several medicine prelims, specifically in Boston and NYC. I met several other people in the same situation on the interview trail.

Most programs interview about 7-10 applicants for each spot.