It's embarrassing to be in UCSD sometimes..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiamondBar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
it's an undergrad student org ..

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. I saw someone wearing a "Trust me, I'm pre-med" shirt once while volunteering at a health event.

To each his own, I guess

Members don't see this ad :)
Almost, why not A?

Don't get what's so embarrassing about this...

I mean I'd be embarrassed if I set up a blood drive for a Saturday at UCSD.. but this not really..

Doesn't seem embarrassing to me. Seems more of a tongue-in-cheek think. Pretty funny in my opinion. Although if she really believes that ............ then that's a whole other story.

They are probably all on SDN...

It is a tongue and cheek thing...like keep calm chive on.

Lmfao. My stupid premed chapter has a tshirt similar to this.... its dumb.

Doesn't seem embarrassing to me. Seems more of a tongue-in-cheek think. Pretty funny in my opinion. Although if she really believes that ............ then that's a whole other story.

These shirts aren't a joke. These people wear these shirts because other people really believe what is written on them.

Members don't see this ad :)
You did a pretty crappy job of covering up their faces.

And the whole point of this post is to ridicule your classmates.

What the hell.

looks like they are doing whatever they want to do with their life and being happy while you sit in your dorm room getting mad about nothing

My school has a D.O. chapter that has t-shirts that say... "Just D.O. it"

I think this is a thread that demonstrates exactly what is wrong with SDN, and why it's a community of which I less and less want to be a part.

It's just Pre-Allo, it's very toxic in here.

These shirts aren't a joke. These people wear these shirts because other people really believe what is written on them.

Yeah....no.

You think that in an emergency, people in the general public are going to run up to that young asian female and ask for medical assistance, believing it to be the uniform of a certified medical professional? We haven't even factored in the likelihood of a scenario like that ever even happening.

The shirts are obviously obnoxious (and IMO dumb), but also 100% nothing anyone takes seriously. Besides you, perhaps. Did you believe what was written on it? Poor thing.

That pic doesn't seem embarrassing. There are med students in clubs with T-shirts with witty phrases too.

It's not like they are wearing that shirt, running into a crowd surrounding an injured baseball player and shouting "Guys, I got this. Don't worry, I'm premed!!".

That pic doesn't seem embarrassing. There are med students in clubs with T-shirts with witty phrases too.

It's not like they are wearing that shirt, running into a crowd surrounding an injured baseball player and shouting "Guys, I got this. Don't worry, I'm premed!!".

:laugh:

Yeah....no.

You think that in an emergency, people in the general public are going to run up to that young asian female and ask for medical assistance, believing it to be the uniform of a certified medical professional? We haven't even factored in the likelihood of a scenario like that ever even happening.

lol. this is not why I think the shirts are idiotic. In fact I wasnt even considering this when I typed up my post. You are naive if you think that a good portion of premeds wear those shirts believing the phrases on the shirts are 100% a joke. Did you wear shirts like this when you were a premed or something?

Really? Come on, people, these are college club t-shirts. Cheesy phrases are kind of a requisite. My pre-med club has had plenty of these in our days. They're just for fun.

UCSD student here. I've seen this a few times on campus. Makes me facepalm every time.

Haha. I saw someone wearing a "Trust me, I'm pre-med" shirt once while volunteering at a health event.

To each his own, I guess

That shirt is hilarious :D. The one in the photo though... meh

I agree, it's just a joke. It keeps pre-meds entertained, motivated, etc.

But I've found that there definitely are those pre-meds who expect greater credibility just by virtue of being pre-med. It's annoying, especially when their information/advice is inaccurate. And there are definitely those in the general population who don't realize how little pre-meds know. I'm sure a few of us have had friends come up to us like, "Hey you're gonna be a doctor, right? I've been having this (insert symptoms)... what do you think it is? What should I do?"

It is because of my experience with those groups that these shirts make me facepalm. But, like I said, to each his own

Don't let Dr. Mario touch you, he's not a real doctor!

But I've found that there definitely are those pre-meds who expect greater credibility just by virtue of being pre-med. It's annoying, especially when their information/advice is inaccurate. And there are definitely those in the general population who don't realize how little pre-meds know. I'm sure a few of us have had friends come up to us like, "Hey you're gonna be a doctor, right? I've been having this (insert symptoms)... what do you think it is? What should I do?"

It is because of my experience with those groups that these shirts make me facepalm. But, like I said, to each his own

^yeap

Hahaha sorry if I've offended any of you, but it's just 'facepalm' type of thing to me :)

Just lightheartedly attacking fellow UCSD students!

Did you wear shirts like this when you were a premed or something?

I just said I think they're obnoxious and dumb. Are you even listening?

The shirts are obviously obnoxious (and IMO dumb), but also 100% nothing anyone takes seriously.

And I was referring to this:

Who are "these people" and who are the "other people" you are referring to? Because anyone with half a brain will interpret that to mean that the shirt owner wears the shirt because OTHER PEOPLE believe the the words on them. That is the point I was responding to.

Try harder next time, please.

Yep gotta keep telling my friends I actually don't know jack shiet

I just said I think they're obnoxious and dumb. Are you even listening?

And I was referring to this:

Who are "these people" and who are the "other people" you are referring to? Because anyone with half a brain will interpret that to mean that the shirt owner wears the shirt because OTHER PEOPLE believe the the words on them. That is the point I was responding to.

Try harder next time, please.

lol just looked at your username... you are the lounge guy that got all emotional on that pre allo lounge thread. wish i hadnt bothered responding to your post. congratulations on being the first person I have ever ignored on SDN. bye bye

lol just looked at your username... you are the lounge guy that got all emotional on that pre allo lounge thread. wish i hadnt bothered responding to your post. congratulations on being the first person I have ever ignored in SDN. bye bye

Haha. Real mature. If you care to show me when and where I was "emotional", would love to see. I remember you talking a bunch of trash because no one there liked you, but that's beside the point.

Toodles.

Haha. Real mature. If you care to show me when and where I was "emotional", would love to see. I remember you talking a bunch of trash because no one there liked you, but that's beside the point.

Toodles.

I miss your old avatar.

:(

This thread seems to be the antithesis of the SDN merchandise thread and yes, the shirts are annoying.

You did a pretty crappy job of covering up their faces.
2a6.jpg

Quite the thread. It's only a shirt, why so cynical?

Last edited:
OMFG what a cute shirt! I want one now! *starts googling like mad*

Ugh it's 30 bucks screw that.

Last edited:
Y'all need Jesus.

Seriously though, I think it's fun. Why should they be singled out if others do similar shirts for other stuff? Lighten up.

OMG liek I dont liek u all makeing fun of m3 y u gotta b so mean

Status
Not open for further replies.