Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

its january.......applying to more schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by alpaccabowl, Jan 3, 2009.

1. alpaccabowl

2+ Year Member

hey
    so the interviews didnt really fall my way as i had hoped, so i was wondering if i should apply to maybe 1-2 more schools whose deadline i can still make. which of the following schools do u think would work best: suny downstate, bu, georgetown, illinois, penn state, tufts, and tulane?
    thanks a lot, n feel free to be really honest/harsh.
    happy new year.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lisasimpson87

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    what sorts of schools did you apply to already? if you applied to a bunch of the same caliber as those, there is probably something about your app that schools don't like, and you should work on correcting that and think about reapplying for next year. however, i guess if wasting a few hundred dollars isn't a big deal to you, there's no harm in throwing out a couple last minute applications...but i doubt your chances are very good.

4. Star2008

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hey,
    if you have the funds to add more schools, do it. It's better than wondering about it later. no one really know if they have a chance or not unless they try it, right? It's going to be tough though, since many of the schools are rolling and spaces are filling up. Take a moment to really think about areas you can improve on. Make sure you address these problem areas and improve your application when you approach these secondaries and possible interviews. If you're going to do it, better do it fast b/c clock's ticking! GL. I hope it works out.