it's March and many schools have yet to respond to my ap.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lschwaber

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to many MD programs and have either gotten interview invitations or been rejected from about half of the schools I applied to, but there are still schools out there that have not responded in either a positive or negative way to my application. What can be thought about all of this ignoring? Most schools only interview until end of April, am I correct?

Members don't see this ad.

Count yourself out of the running for those schools. It's possible that you mihgt get an interview invite, but it's *likely* that those will be for waitlist spots. If you're really interested in a school, call or write expressing interest.

lschwaber said:
I applied to many MD programs and have either gotten interview invitations or been rejected from about half of the schools I applied to, but there are still schools out there that have not responded in either a positive or negative way to my application. What can be thought about all of this ignoring? Most schools only interview until end of April, am I correct?

Yeah, I never heard from UCLA or Hopkins.

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on where you apply. NYMC is interviewing through mid-May. Naturally, these are for waitlist spots. However, NYMC admits 3.5 students for every one who enrolls. Also, Drexel admits 3.9 students for every one who enrolls; they are interviewing into the end of April. This means that these schools have a lot of waitlist activity--both putting people on the list and granting them spots in the class.

Sparky Man said:
Yeah, I never heard from UCLA or Hopkins.

I think at least with UCLA they are definitely not close to finished interviewing. I guess they are the laggiest school of them all.

Medikit said:
I think at least with UCLA they are definitely not close to finished interviewing. I guess they are the laggiest school of them all.

I think Stanford would be in the running for that designation as well :p

Gotta love the Cali beach bum schools takin their sweet time :rolleyes:

Guillotine_anim.gif

It's alright, dude. I'm I'm right there with ya'.
drunk.gif

There are quite a few schools still sending invites for interviews: Rush, Tufts, UIC, GW

trinitrotoluene said:
It depends on where you apply. NYMC is interviewing through mid-May. Naturally, these are for waitlist spots.
Not necessarily true. I interviewed mid April at NYMC last year and was accepted without being waitlisted.

I applied to wake forest but didn't send a secondary because they said you only had two weeks to finish it and I was travelling europe and didn't have the capabilities to do it and they sent me an email asking me why and that I should... So I did and needless to say I haven't heard from them again. I hope they enjoyed my $75 or whatever it was. biotches

These are schools not heard back from PRE-interview as in I have not even gotten an interview invite from these schools:

Columbia - swankylove

Harvard - swankylove

Hopkins - swankylove

Stanford - swankylove comments: I hear they are suuuuuper slow this yr.

Tufts - swankylove

UCI - swankylove

UCLA - swankylove

Yale - swankylove

SwankyLove said:
These are schools not heard back from PRE-interview as in I have not even gotten an interview invite from these schools:

Harvard - swankylove

youre cooked at harvard, they sentout the last interviews a month or so ago

It still can happen...I got invited to an interview by phone last week for an interview next week....I think as some people cancel you might even get some last minute/ short notice calls. good luck :luck:

I am still waiting for these schools:

NYMC Medical College
University of Buffalo*
Jefferson
Rosalink Franklin, Finch*
University of Alabama
University of Miami*
Loyola Stritch
Rush
Mercer
Ohio State
Temple
USC, Keck
University of Lousville
Mount Sinai
Tufts
Saint Louis U

*means interview hold after initial review

Well, I don't know exactly if I'm keeping with the purpose of this thread, but I've yet to hear, pre-intervew from 7 schools... I can commiserate at least. This is a miserable time of year for applicants I think. I've been drinking since thursday, not cool.

Anyway, for those who are interested:

NYMC (seems alot of people are waiting here)
Jefferson
Drexel
Penn state
Temple
Loyola
VCU

Not sure what chances I have with these, but I'm not too optimistic anymore.

I was told and know for sure that Mercer stops interviewing after March 15th. They then have until April 1 to decide. Hope this helps

just got a temple interview email today. i think i'm going to decline though...

I finally got my rejection from Columbia today. :mad: So all I'm waiting for is Harvard (yah, I know, Boston is not in my near future) and Vermont. Seems like it'd be easier to get the rejections out sooner.