It's March-kill me now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medinsane

Music in Asian Form
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else feels this way please stand up.

:bangs head on desk:

Members don't see this ad.

March brings the sad realization that it is very much winding down in the 2006-2007 application year :le sigh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know what you mean. I am officially depressed again. My signature is the truth..:(

March brings the sad realization that it is very much winding down in the 2006-2007 application year :le sigh:

try working on your personality :confused:

Yeah, it's March. Sucks for med school apps, great for college bball. The two offset for me right now. Things may change depending how my team does.

Yeah, it's March. Sucks for med school apps, great for college bball. The two offset for me right now. Things may change depending how my team does.

i don't think you can ever expect your team to make a deep run.... that's why NCAA tournament pools are great, it lets you cheer for multiple teams (BTW, we should make an SDN pool)

i don't think you can ever expect your team to make a deep run.... that's why NCAA tournament pools are great, it lets you cheer for multiple teams (BTW, we should make an SDN pool)

Out of the 63 games last year (not counting the 64/65 seed crap), 21 had the lower seeded team winning. That's exactly 1/3, that's why it's so awesome. Thanks to George Mason and a few other lower seeded schools, my team had an easier path than most. :smuggrin:

1st round: #14 South Alabama
2nd round: #11 Milwaukee (who upset #6 Oklahoma)
3rd round: #7 Georgetown (who upset #2 OSU)
4th round: #1 Villanova as scheduled
5th round: #11 George Mason (who upset #1 UConn)
6th round: #2 UCLA as scheduled from 5th round

That's why a #1, #2, or #3 seed doesn't matter that much to me. We were a #3 seed and Duke was #1. Duke played tougher teams (if you go by seeding) because they didn't have any upsets.

Out of the 63 games last year (not counting the 64/65 seed crap), 21 had the lower seeded team winning. That's exactly 1/3, that's why it's so awesome. Thanks to George Mason and a few other lower seeded schools, my team had an easier path than most. :smuggrin:

That's why a #1, #2, or #3 seed doesn't matter that much to me. We were a #3 seed and Duke was #1. Duke played tougher teams (if you go by seeding) because they didn't have any upsets.

you ever do pools ? what kind of point system do you tend to use?

waiting.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I am at the point of numbness. I have been waiting since my 1st interview in september, and now I am just trying to chill.

...from out of the cold, dark, drab depths of the miserable winter, a light comes...tis March, the seasons shall change and decisions shall cometh from the med school gods. milk and honey shall flow. Made weak by time and fate, we will know more soon.

Dude... march madness is gonna be sick this year. Both of them. :eek:

I have the appropriate name atleast.

Please God, don't have anyone start a thread about what top 20 school they should choose. "It's soooo hard! :oops: " Please:barf:

Please God, don't have anyone start a thread about what top 20 school they should choose. "It's soooo hard! :oops: " Please:barf:

I also don't enjoy all of the threads on personal statements, activities, or any other AMCAS related questions. It's not that I don't want to be helpful. But it is a constant reminder that the new application cycle is creaping upon us and that the chances of admission for this cycle are dwindling.

I'm always confused about this. Why can't people who get into top 20 schools
feel indecisive? Are two schools only similar in benefits when they're both ranked below 30? As much as people talk about how rankings don't matter, people sure get riled up when people start getting admitted to good schools. Just my $0.02...

Believe it or not (based on my above post), I am actually happy for those who have gotten into a great school. Heck, getting into any school deserves applause. I just meant that since I haven't even been accepted to my state schools (still holding out a bit of hope, but not much) I don't really want to hear someone else whine about not being able to decide where to go when they've been accepted to more than one of the top schools in the country. I just hope that they're grateful for what they have.

feel indecisive? Are two schools only similar in benefits when they're both ranked below 30? As much as people talk about how rankings don't matter, people sure get riled up when people start getting admitted to good schools. Just my $0.02...

I know...but I think Sashi understands this, but meant it's hard to have sympathy for someone struggling to decide between 2 top 20 schools. Not a real bad problem to have. An understandable feeling...

Believe it or not (based on my above post), I am actually happy for those who have gotten into a great school. Heck, getting into any school deserves applause. I just meant that since I haven't even been accepted to my state schools (still holding out a bit of hope, but not much) I don't really want to hear someone else whine about not being able to decide where to go when they've been accepted to more than one of the top schools in the country. I just hope that they're grateful for what they have.

And because they are having a hard time making a decision does not mean they are not grateful for their predicament, but your statement managed to assume just the opposite. You're not the only one who does that so it's not necessarily a comment directed towards you but towards the general public. People should not be ashamed to post their concerns whether others can sympathize with them or not. But ok, I'll stop nagging now:rolleyes: ...

its to show off acceptances. honestly.

people are ridiculous. like that vandy full-ride v. ucsf thread. are you telling me that he/she decided which one to attend next year based on posts from an annoymous forum? ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDIN ME!?

I hate it when people constantly show off in this way. AND I AM CONVINCED ITS 100% BOASTING. there is no way he/she cannot make that decision by personal gauges -- $$$, family, etc. He/she knows how the schools compare, knows the reputations, .... if he/she doesn't .... frankly he/she doesnt deserve the scholarship.

I have to point out that my OREGON DUCKS beat Georgetown on the road this year, and also beat UCLA at home. SO GIVE THE DUCKS SOME FRIGGIN RESPECT. THANKYOU!

people are ridiculous. like that vandy full-ride v. ucsf thread. are you telling me that he/she decided which one to attend next year based on posts from an annoymous forum? ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDIN ME!?

I hate it when people constantly show off in this way. AND I AM CONVINCED ITS 100% BOASTING. there is no way he/she cannot make that decision by personal gauges -- $$$, family, etc. He/she knows how the schools compare, knows the reputations, .... if he/she doesn't .... frankly he/she doesnt deserve the scholarship.

Although you are clearly angry, it's refreshing to see someone with such great stats and multiple acceptances show empathy for fellow applicants who have not yet been successful. There should be more of this.

everyday my heart pounds as I check my mail

I hate it when people constantly show off in this way. AND I AM CONVINCED ITS 100% BOASTING. there is no way he/she cannot make that decision by personal gauges -- $$$, family, etc. He/she knows how the schools compare, knows the reputations, .... if he/she doesn't .... frankly he/she doesnt deserve the scholarship.[/QUOTE]

Are people who get into top 20 schools the only ones who have family members and have financial decisions?? Of course not. I would guess that a solid 80% of students who attend top 10 schools were offered at least some money to another school, even *gasp* a top 20. Similarly there are people at lower ranked schools who chose a scholarship over going to a top 10. CLEARLY the decision is not as clear cut as you would think or else people would make the same decision all of the time. All I'm saying that if someone is having trouble deciding between two top 50 schools people can have trouble deciding between two top 20's. You could make the argument that NO ONE should come to an anonymous forum for a decision.

It's march, my heart is like the cold snow outside my door, my hopes now melting into vapor.... oh god...

it's been so long since i started the process (~august). yet no acceptance after 8 months! doubts are starting to creep into my head. *sigh* may march be the month to us all!

since its an anonymous fourm, boasting really has no value to the one boasting since the only thing that comes of it is flaming.

since its an anonymous fourm, boasting really has no value to the one boasting since the only thing that comes of it is flaming.

Internal smiling for making people bicker and flame. Internal satisfaction for knowing you're at the top of a short list of awesome applicants that have these sorts of dilemmas. Sugarcoating the soul with self-indulgence awesomeness.

It's only March....there's still hope.

Are you kidding me? If you're not in now, forget it!

But I still have one interview left...and waiting on another school.

You better make sure you pull it off then. You'll be finished if you don't impress them.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :eek: :eek: :eek:

If all else fails...I still got accepted at Ross...It's doable....Right?

But you don't want to go to Ross!

Awww.....I wish it was April so I could know how loud to cry.

Island life could be fun........I'm sure of it.

you could still get accepted by some US school. You could have good news by April.........

Sad, but that's all that's been going through my head.

I honestly hate waking up every morning. I know it's another failed day ahead.

Some people are very poetic about their misery. I'm honestly impressed. I guess misery brings out poetic imagination. Alas there is light in this cave.

This always makes me laugh...

Try to stick it out, DVN, we're all pulling for you...

Thanks Sara :oops:

I must come off as a whiner, but I truly am not. SDN is the only place I vent my frustrations. I never talk to my friends or family about it. SDN is my release point :oops:

You better make sure you pull it off then. You'll be finished if you don't impress them.

If all else fails...I still got accepted at Ross...It's doable....Right?

But you don't want to go to Ross!

Awww.....I wish it was April so I could know how loud to cry.

Island life could be fun........I'm sure of it.

you could still get accepted by some US school. You could have good news by April.........

the internal dialog inside your head sucks, big time... Good luck, though. Just think positively as much as you can to balance it out

things will work out in the end :thumbup:

Thanks Sara :oops:

I must come off as a whiner, but I truly am not. SDN is the only place I vent my frustrations. I never talk to my friends or family about it. SDN is my release point :oops:

good luck DVN. you'd be a great addition to any med school

I totally feel for all of you. I have one shot to get in somewhere this year, and it doesn't look good. It's making it really hard to study for my biochm test in 7 hours, and I'll need a decent grade in there to apply next year, so it's kind of a double edged sword. And my spring break trip was cancelled (two days before departure), so I don't have anything planned to keep my mind off of all this.

Agree with drvan- ya'll are a great venting place (even if you don't want to be), since I told very few people I even applied, and they're all clueless and blindly cheery about the whole ordeal.

Best to all of you- and when we do finally get in, it'll be that much sweeter.

you never cease to amaze me, will...turning every thread into something about sports. :p

its like u read what was going thru my mind:confused: :scared: :(

Every time someone posts that they "got the call" from one of the schools I am waiting on, I look at my phone, see it is indeed still working, and that evil voice in my head says, "Of course it's working you idiot...the phone is useful, you are not."

The same thing happens when I check the mail everyday, but is even worse because I actually receive bills instead of good/no news.

you never cease to amaze me, will...turning every thread into something about sports. :p

Well, when someone says it's March and they're going mad, how can people not think of March Madness? :p

I never should have applied this round. It was my first application cycle and I wasn't even planning on doing it but my advisor said if money isnt an issue just toss out some apps and see what happens.

I never should have applied. I should have waited till april 2007 like I had originally planned. Son of a bitch.