It's nearly 2AM... Peterson review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caboose

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all you happy people.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the Gold standard series. Somethin' about MCAT prep maybe... My boggle is that there are all these books online that have exams, but I don't want to get doubles. Looking at the shiny blue one with the three exams in it - mostly because of the cover.
What say you?

the feverish,
Caboose.

Members don't see this ad.

Caboose,

I have not use that material for studying, so I don’t know more about it.

Seems like many people have read you posts, but they might not know about it!!! Maybe it is a fairly a recent material or maybe it is not most commonly used by my many students.

If you really care about knowing, then I recommend just do basic search on the book’s name and there are lots of reviews on the purchase- webs, which are bias, but. Better than nothing.

What do I say?? The feverish was just over burst of sad emotions and frustration similar walking to thy MCAT.

Caboose said:
Hello all you happy people.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the Gold standard series. Somethin' about MCAT prep maybe... My boggle is that there are all these books online that have exams, but I don't want to get doubles. Looking at the shiny blue one with the three exams in it - mostly because of the cover.
What say you?

the feverish,
Caboose.

"Gold Standard" is a series of MP3 lectures for USMLE Step 1 prep. Lectures on medical school microbio, anatomy, pathophysiology, etc... I dont think they have a version for the MCAT, I've never heard of an MCAT version at least.

Arsenic810 said:
"Gold Standard" is a series of MP3 lectures for USMLE Step 1 prep. Lectures on medical school microbio, anatomy, pathophysiology, etc... I dont think they have a version for the MCAT, I've never heard of an MCAT version at least.

Sorry to interrupt, but
If you put 'THE GOLD STANDARD MCAT prep' on any internet search engines. you will know that there is something about MCAT, and it's called THE GOLD STANDARD. But I never used it. There is a book that do exist, but I don't know how much it is realiable though.

Members don't see this ad :)
JustR said:
Sorry to interrupt, but
If you put 'THE GOLD STANDARD MCAT prep' on any internet search engines. you will know that there is something about MCAT, and it's called THE GOLD STANDARD. But I never used it. There is a book that do exist, but I don't know how much it is realiable though.

wow, you're right. obviously i've never heard of gold standard mcat prep, you learn something new everyday. :)

this is what i was talking about, different company: http://www.boardprep.net/stepone.html

The Gold Standard MCAT book is a good reference to get the basics of everything down. It simply states basically every important rule and thing you absolutely need. I never took any of the practice tests, so I can't comment on their quality. I found the book part of it far more helpful than the kaplan stuff I had.

dsh said:
The Gold Standard MCAT book is a good reference to get the basics of everything down. It simply states basically every important rule and thing you absolutely need. I never took any of the practice tests, so I can't comment on their quality. I found the book part of it far more helpful than the kaplan stuff I had.

Wow!!! Good to know... If I screw up on the last August MCAT, then I might think about buying it later for the April one....

I actually owned the Gold Standard MCAT (from Petersons). I picked it up at my local Borders for about 12 bucks. Its quite good, although i wouldnt use it for the review material. It has good practice questions though, which really makes up for the 12 bucks i spent on it.