It's now offically over for me...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxbruinxx

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
4 waitlists this past cycle....it's now over...

partially relieved, but also disappointed (that's a given right?)

just thought i'd share

Members don't see this ad.

xxbruinxx said:

just thought i'd share

I'm sorry for your bad experience this past cycle. But 4 waitlists is at least something. Your trying again right? Don't give up.

Sorry to hear that...Good luck for the next cycle . :luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry that this wasn't your year. Apply to those same schools this year, and maybe a few more "safety" schools than before. Which 4 schools were you waitlisted at?

Maybe medicine isn't right for you. Consider doing something else in the mean time and maybe come back to medicine after that?

Haemulon said:
I'm sorry for your bad experience this past cycle. But 4 waitlists is at least something. Your trying again right? Don't give up.

I agree... 4 waitlists is promising. Have you talked with those schools about what you could do to improve this time around?

:luck:

Mine was 3 waitlists. No success. Here goes another try.

I'm sorry it didn't work out this time around... Truly, waitlists are a good indicator! Good luck this cycle!

xxbruinxx said:

just thought i'd share

Was this your first application cycle? How old are you? If you have already made up your mind, then I respect that. I'm just curious about these things b/c I know that this is a one shot deal for me; regardless of what happens this year, I will NOT be applying next year!

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to pursue!

4 waitlists indicates you are very, very borderline and that it probably just takes a little bit of luck to get you to an acceptance. Are you reapplying this year? Did you call those waitlisted schools up and ask why they rejected you? Maybe take a year off to improve whatever weak area you have and apply again. You obviously have plenty going for you if you were interviewed and waitlisted and multiple places.

xxbruinxx said:

just thought i'd share

hang in there... it was a tough year, unfortunatly our application year (assuming you're the same age as me) is tough for college admissions, jobs, and professional schools. i got two waitlists and one acceptance (i think they made a mistake with the acceptance :) ) don't give up!!!

xxbruinxx said:

just thought i'd share

add yourself to the Wall of Funke... it'll make you feel better :thumbup:

xxbruinxx said:
Sorry to hear it. But with 4 waitlists, you're doing something right. Keep on keeping on the ECs this next year and reapply.

Members don't see this ad :)
xxbruinxx said:

just thought i'd share

wow same with me, I had 4 waitlists as well this past cycle, and its officially over for 2 of them...although it might as well be over for all of them since the other 2 start next week.....oh ya..and I was a bruin too for my undergrad...small world huh?

xxbruinxx said:

just thought i'd share

Step away from the ledge. Dont give up now! Take a couple weeks off, refocus, think about what it is you think kept you out, and try again. ;)

I feel your pain. 3 waitlists and this Monday was the last day for miracles.

Steve203 said:
wow same with me, I had 4 waitlists as well this past cycle, and its officially over for 2 of them...although it might as well be over for all of them since the other 2 start next week.....oh ya..and I was a bruin too for my undergrad...small world huh?

same here - 4 waitlists, 2 "officially" over, 2 more that were long shots to begin with...

only difference is i went to cal: GO BEARS!

You'll do great this time around... I hope :luck:

it's in the wall of fame/shame thread....at the bottom of the list

i haven't been accepted yet :( i think i'm missing my committee letter

I'm very sorry to hear that, fellow UCLAer. I know you'll make it in next time if you try! Don't Give Up!

thanks for the support and encouragement guys

i'm in a post-bac program, and will be reapplying next year....i just hate having to wait until fall 2008 before i can even start med. school

I'll be working, taking a few upper divs at extension, and give it one last shot

g'luck to all you first-timers...it's an experience

xxbruinxx said:

just thought i'd share

::mental hugs:: pretty amazing that you were on 4 waitlists, but probably a bummer because none worked out. i was on 2, and neither of those worked out. i really really had hope for michigan state though. it just seemed... right. but apparently, they dont agree. what can you do? :(
anyway, good luck with your post-bac program. i feel exactly the same way you do -- that attending in 2008 will be forever and a half from now, and im ready to go NOW. but dont give up! a lot of people do it. and when you're done, it'll just be water under the bridge.

same here... i applied late.. had four interviews.. four waitlists.. and its over now.. saaad

m0nkeymanxx said:
same here... i applied late.. had four interviews.. four waitlists.. and its over now.. saaad

good luck for this coming cycle. :luck: :luck: :luck:
I also applied late and things are almost over for me. I talked to the admissions director for the school I am waitlisted at and she told me that the final letters will be sent out after Monday (just in case someone doesn't show up)

xxbruinxx said:
thanks for the support and encouragement guys

i'm in a post-bac program, and will be reapplying next year....i just hate having to wait until fall 2008 before i can even start med. school

I'll be working, taking a few upper divs at extension, and give it one last shot

g'luck to all you first-timers...it's an experience

i know what you mean about waiting to apply in '08. i'm also going to reapply next year. it is hard to sit out a year, especially knowing you were so close... good luck w/ postbac and i'm sure it will all be worth it.

Sorry to hear about that bruin.

Best of luck to you and all re-applicants this cycle.
-Dr. P.