Timmythemic22

Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2004
NJ
Status
I e-mailed Dr. Heinrich yesterday and he responded saying I'm going to be wait-listed, though he said in the upper part of the list. I don't really know how that stands for my chances, but NJMS was my best shot. Things are lookin' bleak boys and girls.

OP
Timmythemic22

Timmythemic22

Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2004
NJ
Status
Thanks guys... if nothing else all the tri-staters need to get drunk together at the end of the fiasco... woo hoo pity party

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Hey Timmy, same deal for me. I think we are in the exact same situation in that we interviewed a while ago and have just now been waitlisted. Waitlisted, on the "higher" part of the waitlist. Anyone know what this really means? Top 50%, 25%, 10%, 5%? Anyone know how many people end up on the NJMS waitlist? I wouldn't give up hope yet, Timmy...let's just hope that a lot of people hanging on to multiple acceptances decide to go elsewhere...like the NY kids if they get into their state school or the kids who want to go to a private school.

shawty ya'head

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2004
Status
'we' don't have webber.
you're from jersey. stop claiming philly teams. you're a nets fan. you got carter.

WE have webber. thank you.

as for NJMS, waitlist are a pain, but know that the list moves fairly well. A friend of mine last year was on the 'higher part' and got in a week before classes started. so the list moves and does so for a while.

g'luck to all.

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Thanks for the info, shawty.

Also, I'm from South Jersey, which if you're from Philly, you know is very much within the bounds of Eagles-Sixers-Flyers country and that we HATE New York and "NJ" teams (i.e., Devils, Nets, Giants, Yankees). Know the region, not just the name of the team. If you thought I was from North Jersey, honest mistake.

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
Good luck guys, keep your heads up, it is pretty early, there will be some movement on the waitlist, as far as how much, one can never tell, but dont be too down if you're waitlisted, there is hope.... :luck: :luck:

patel8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2004
Status
to those of you who know where you are on the list,
did you specifically ask heinrich where you were on the list or did he just tell you, because when i spoke with him he didn't mention where i was on the list he just told me why i was put on the waitlist. thanks

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Hey I just e-mailed him and he volunteered to tell me that I was on the "higher" part of the list...I don't know what to think if he didn't tell you anything...when did you interview, and when did you receive notice of your waitlist?

NeverGettingIn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2004
NJ now, DC soon...
Status
so we can email Dr. Heinrich and ask him why we were put on the waitlist and where we stand on the waitlist?
I was under the impression that medical schools in general would not offer such info.
Please correct me if I am wrong, because I would like to know the answers to both of those questions.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
NeverGettingIn said:
so we can email Dr. Heinrich and ask him why we were put on the waitlist and where we stand on the waitlist?
I was under the impression that medical schools in general would not offer such info.
Please correct me if I am wrong, because I would like to know the answers to both of those questions.
what kind of reasons do schools give for a waitlist status..."there were so many qualified candidates, we couldn't accept everyone. We'd love to accept you if anyone declines blah blah blah..." ...???

patel8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2004
Status
i interviewed way back in october and was put on the waitlist in december. i emailed him after and asked what it was specifically about my app that got me the waitlist instead of an acceptance because i wanted to know what i could improve in the meantime. oh well, i'll email him closer to may to see where i am on the list.

patel8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2004
Status
hey again fellow njms waitlisters,

those of you who were placed on the higher end of the waitlist would you post your stats if you dont mind? i kind of wanted to gage where i am on the waitlist. thanks