1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

ITS OFFICIZALZ HOMEY: Biology-Physics COMBINATION PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by VandyDerm, May 25, 2008.

1. VandyDerm

Removed

hey guys, in the physical sciences, they try to integrate Biology with Chemistry and Physics. Sure Bio + Chemistry = Biochemistry (Macromolecules+ Metabolism)- a topic we can handle are very well prepared for with our rigorous bio and chemistry courses. But I feel that although physics I+II prepares me well for the physical scienecs, the toughness comes in with the COMBINATION PROBLEMS INVOLVING PHYSICS AND BIOLOGY- I.E.- problems making the vascular system as an electrical surface, discussing nervous impulses and debrillators in hearts and relating them to physics concepts. My point is.....

ARE THERE ANY BOOKS OR MATERIAL OR EVEN A LIST OF TOPICS I CAN READ THAT GIVES ME SOME EXPOSURE TO THE INTEGRATION OF PHYSICS IN CLINICAL APPLICATIONS, BASED ON CONCEPTUAL LEVEL AND EVEN HAS SOME PROBLEMS TO PRACTICE WITH...i..e- like a biological physics text.. THANKS!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. VandyDerm

Removed

Any replies at ALL?

4. VandyDerm

Removed

5. VandyDerm

Removed

u guys are gay for not answering me

6. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    :lol: interesting how you can determine our sexuality by the fact that we did not respond to your question on an anonymous internet forum.

i didn't respond because 1) i can't really relate to what you are saying and 2) don't know of any text books that talk about the stuff you mention. its kind of an odd request

7. TexasTriathlete

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    They even did this back in my day (2005 MCAT). Have you ever taken a physiology class where they talk about electrochemical gradients and membrane permeability and **** like that?

Speaking of permeability, you are totally gay for not knowing that.

8. tncekm

tncekm MS-1
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm sorry, can you speak up a little bit? I can't hear you.

J/K :D Yeah, there are plenty of books. Most of the common prep materials integrate lots of this stuff together, IMHO.

9. rocuronium

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    VandyDerm, as ryserr21 mentioned, it is an odd request. That is likely why you have not received any responses.

To find your answer, I suggest that you do an advanced search of the forums, or ask a question in a manner that elicits more of a positive response.

10. LikeClockWork

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    For a Vanderbilt educated Dermatologist, you have poor prose and syntax.

11. engineeredout

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    [​IMG]

12. LoveMyRam

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    LOL very creative!!

As for the biophysics question...You could also think of what youo mentioned earlier...how the circulatory system could be wired like an electrical circuit. I don't wanna give it all away because it helps to analyze it on your own...

Think of how current and voltage work with a circuit and how it resistors affect each. Are there comparable points of a circuit with the circulatory system? Do parts of the circulatory system run in series or parallel?

13. tncekm

tncekm MS-1
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    How about a keyword "hint" for him to get started:

Potential Difference