ITS OFFICIZALZ HOMEY: Biology-Physics COMBINATION PROBLEMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VandyDerm

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, in the physical sciences, they try to integrate Biology with Chemistry and Physics. Sure Bio + Chemistry = Biochemistry (Macromolecules+ Metabolism)- a topic we can handle are very well prepared for with our rigorous bio and chemistry courses. But I feel that although physics I+II prepares me well for the physical scienecs, the toughness comes in with the COMBINATION PROBLEMS INVOLVING PHYSICS AND BIOLOGY- I.E.- problems making the vascular system as an electrical surface, discussing nervous impulses and debrillators in hearts and relating them to physics concepts. My point is.....

ARE THERE ANY BOOKS OR MATERIAL OR EVEN A LIST OF TOPICS I CAN READ THAT GIVES ME SOME EXPOSURE TO THE INTEGRATION OF PHYSICS IN CLINICAL APPLICATIONS, BASED ON CONCEPTUAL LEVEL AND EVEN HAS SOME PROBLEMS TO PRACTICE WITH...i..e- like a biological physics text.. THANKS!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
u guys are gay for not answering me

:lol: interesting how you can determine our sexuality by the fact that we did not respond to your question on an anonymous internet forum.

i didn't respond because 1) i can't really relate to what you are saying and 2) don't know of any text books that talk about the stuff you mention. its kind of an odd request

They even did this back in my day (2005 MCAT). Have you ever taken a physiology class where they talk about electrochemical gradients and membrane permeability and **** like that?

Speaking of permeability, you are totally gay for not knowing that.

ARE THERE ANY BOOKS OR MATERIAL OR EVEN A LIST OF TOPICS I CAN READ THAT GIVES ME SOME EXPOSURE TO THE INTEGRATION OF PHYSICS IN CLINICAL APPLICATIONS, BASED ON CONCEPTUAL LEVEL AND EVEN HAS SOME PROBLEMS TO PRACTICE WITH...i..e- like a biological physics text.. THANKS!!
I'm sorry, can you speak up a little bit? I can't hear you.

J/K :D Yeah, there are plenty of books. Most of the common prep materials integrate lots of this stuff together, IMHO.

VandyDerm, as ryserr21 mentioned, it is an odd request. That is likely why you have not received any responses.

To find your answer, I suggest that you do an advanced search of the forums, or ask a question in a manner that elicits more of a positive response.

hey guys, in the physical sciences, they try to integrate Biology with Chemistry and Physics. Sure Bio + Chemistry = Biochemistry (Macromolecules+ Metabolism)- a topic we can handle are very well prepared for with our rigorous bio and chemistry courses. But I feel that although physics I+II prepares me well for the physical scienecs, the toughness comes in with the COMBINATION PROBLEMS INVOLVING PHYSICS AND BIOLOGY- I.E.- problems making the vascular system as an electrical surface, discussing nervous impulses and debrillators in hearts and relating them to physics concepts. My point is.....

For a Vanderbilt educated Dermatologist, you have poor prose and syntax.

keyboard4.jpg

LOL very creative!!

As for the biophysics question...You could also think of what youo mentioned earlier...how the circulatory system could be wired like an electrical circuit. I don't wanna give it all away because it helps to analyze it on your own...

Think of how current and voltage work with a circuit and how it resistors affect each. Are there comparable points of a circuit with the circulatory system? Do parts of the circulatory system run in series or parallel?

LOL very creative!!

As for the biophysics question...You could also think of what youo mentioned earlier...how the circulatory system could be wired like an electrical circuit. I don't wanna give it all away because it helps to analyze it on your own...

Think of how current and voltage work with a circuit and how it resistors affect each. Are there comparable points of a circuit with the circulatory system? Do parts of the circulatory system run in series or parallel?
How about a keyword "hint" for him to get started:

Potential Difference