• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

its sad...verbal got me by my short hairs

RAD11

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2004
  1. Pre-Medical
    I know re-writers with 13/14 in sciences and 7s in verbal in a similar grind with no improvement. :(

Personally, I just got a feel for the answers. Then again, I didn't improve in verbal much throughout practice. It was always between 9-11. Though, the real thing was killer.

I'd be happy with a 9-11.

About the Ads

tracy34

10+ Year Member
    Aug 13, 2006
    1. Pre-Medical
      Yeah, Verbal can be a b***h:
      First attempt, 21N, August 2004: 8PS-8BS-5VR
      Second Attempt, 32S, August 2005:11PS-14BS-8VR

Now for the projected score for my August 2006 (third attempt) score:
      7PS-10BS-7VR...for a grand total of 27.

Knowing me though, it's probably going to be lower. :(

Schaden Freud

MiSanthrope II
      10+ Year Member
      Apr 23, 2006
      1. Medical Student
        Why are you predicting 7-PS and 10-BS when you scored 11-PS and 14-BS last year?

Yeah, Verbal can be a b***h:
        First attempt, 21N, August 2004: 8PS-8BS-5VR
        Second Attempt, 32S, August 2005:11PS-14BS-8VR

Now for the projected score for my August 2006 (third attempt) score:
        7PS-10BS-7VR...for a grand total of 27.

Knowing me though, it's probably going to be lower. :(

tracy34

10+ Year Member
        Aug 13, 2006
        1. Pre-Medical
          naus, ~you're right I am in that situation, I have a weak GPA. So I was trying to bump it up to 34+. Well looks like that isn't going to happen.
          Schauden Freud ~Well when I was taking the test I left 10 questions blank on Physical Sciences. I didn't have time to bubble in and the proctor was literally right next to me. I didn't have time to sneak in some random bubbles for those 10 Qs...hence the 7. As for Verbal Reasoning, I had to leave 2 blank and guess on 3 of the ones I was able to bubble in. And as for Biosci, I am a Bio major so those questions were straightforward, kinda like reading a protocol for benchwork.
          But it has been a difficult time for me, and I think my abilities are slowly deteriorating. And plus, I didn't add up my "projected scores" correctly. Shoulda been a 24!~

akinf

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Apr 25, 2004
          Canada
          1. Medical Student
            Have you guys tried the examkrackers or Kaplan method? I started using a combination of the two method, and verbal was much easier ever since.

Same, but I wouldn't say much easier. I had focus problems so making it through an entire test was hard. But for the passages I could focus through, I usually got 1 or none wrong.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.