its sad...verbal got me by my short hairs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cooolguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
its sad how bad my score will be when i recieve it. I predict a 28 after 6 months of good studying. all becuase verbal wouldnt improve

Members don't see this ad.

its sad how bad my score will be when i recieve it. I predict a 28 after 6 months of good studying. all becuase verbal wouldnt improve

Same here. I gave up on verbal about one or two months before the test...i never could figure it out.

I know re-writers with 13/14 in sciences and 7s in verbal in a similar grind with no improvement. :(

Personally, I just got a feel for the answers. Then again, I didn't improve in verbal much throughout practice. My score was always between 9-11. Though, the real thing was killer.

I know re-writers with 13/14 in sciences and 7s in verbal in a similar grind with no improvement. :(

Personally, I just got a feel for the answers. Then again, I didn't improve in verbal much throughout practice. It was always between 9-11. Though, the real thing was killer.

I'd be happy with a 9-11.

Members don't see this ad :)
took a proctored kaplan simulation on saturday...

got 11 bs, 10 ps, and 5 VERBAL. really really reaaly worried. even though i am taking the test in april, i doubt my verbal will improve significantly...

verbal always has been my week link. I am praying for a 8 on the real deal. I dont see how relevant it really is to how i will do in med school. I know the schools in ohio where i am applying put the least weight on it (other than writing of course)

Yeah, Verbal can be a b***h:
First attempt, 21N, August 2004: 8PS-8BS-5VR
Second Attempt, 32S, August 2005:11PS-14BS-8VR

Now for the projected score for my August 2006 (third attempt) score:
7PS-10BS-7VR...for a grand total of 27.

Knowing me though, it's probably going to be lower. :(

Why are you predicting 7-PS and 10-BS when you scored 11-PS and 14-BS last year?

Yeah, Verbal can be a b***h:
First attempt, 21N, August 2004: 8PS-8BS-5VR
Second Attempt, 32S, August 2005:11PS-14BS-8VR

Now for the projected score for my August 2006 (third attempt) score:
7PS-10BS-7VR...for a grand total of 27.

Knowing me though, it's probably going to be lower. :(

naus, ~you're right I am in that situation, I have a weak GPA. So I was trying to bump it up to 34+. Well looks like that isn't going to happen.
Schauden Freud ~Well when I was taking the test I left 10 questions blank on Physical Sciences. I didn't have time to bubble in and the proctor was literally right next to me. I didn't have time to sneak in some random bubbles for those 10 Qs...hence the 7. As for Verbal Reasoning, I had to leave 2 blank and guess on 3 of the ones I was able to bubble in. And as for Biosci, I am a Bio major so those questions were straightforward, kinda like reading a protocol for benchwork.
But it has been a difficult time for me, and I think my abilities are slowly deteriorating. And plus, I didn't add up my "projected scores" correctly. Shoulda been a 24!~

Have you guys tried the examkrackers or Kaplan method? I started using a combination of the two method, and verbal was much easier ever since.

Have you guys tried the examkrackers or Kaplan method? I started using a combination of the two method, and verbal was much easier ever since.

Same, but I wouldn't say much easier. I had focus problems so making it through an entire test was hard. But for the passages I could focus through, I usually got 1 or none wrong.