It's That Time of Year Again.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alphaholic06

Doctor, Who? Me?
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it's time for school to start again. Some of us are all ready in class or have started rotations. While others of us will be starting in the coming days and weeks. Good luck to everyone. We will all do fine this year. To the incoming MS1s, relax, everything is going to be fine. We were all in position at one time or another. You've made it this far and you will make it through. Try not to stress to much, and this time next year you will be giving this same advice.

Members don't see this ad.

So it's time for school to start again. Some of us are all ready in class or have started rotations. While others of us will be starting in the coming days and weeks. Good luck to everyone. We will all do fine this year. To the incoming MS1s, relax, everything is going to be fine. We were all in position at one time or another. You've made it this far and you will make it through. Try not to stress to much, and this time next year you will be giving this same advice.

as an incoming MS1 I found that very comforting! thank you! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
When do classes start for you all?

Our orientation starts 8/19 and classes start 8/25.

our orientation is tomorrow, then we on the wards for two weeks following third years around, then classes start 8/25.

When do classes start for you all?

Our orientation starts 8/19 and classes start 8/25.

orientation starts for me on 8/16 and classes are 8/25...im glad you asked this because i was starting to think our class was running kinda late!

Orientation starts 8/11 and classes begin the following Monday morning.

Orientation 9/9, classes 9/15 I think.

orientation 8/8/08 and classes on 8/13. exciting stuff :)

Orientation is over. White coat is tomorrow. Gross starts 8am monday.

Our anatomy prof within 30 seconds of meeting us told us "If you treat my class like undergrad, I will kill you. Its like a freight train going down a mountain. It doesn't let up and picks up steam. Once again, if you treat it like undergrad, I will skewer you."

Orientation 8/7-8/9
Classes begin monday 8/11

Our anatomy prof within 30 seconds of meeting us told us "If you treat my class like undergrad, I will kill you. Its like a freight train going down a mountain. It doesn't let up and picks up steam. Once again, if you treat it like undergrad, I will skewer you."

Sounds like a threat...

Orientation starts 8/11 and classes begin the following Monday morning.

Same.

Who is this bastard? I hate professors like this who try to scare students into respecting them and/or their class. If you or your class were that terrible there would be no need to make a statement like this.

Last edited:
I have officially made it through week 1 of medical school. Although I have to say, I feel like this week (and next week) will be completely unrelated to the reality of "medical school". Our school has a patient doctor and society class for the first two weeks and I have nothing against it, and yeah maybe I am drinking the kool-aid here but I even enjoy it. It is just that I know once this section is over (a week from monday) the "real" stuff (most people would think of when they think of medical school) begins.

I feel like I am being lulled into a false sense of security. If all of medical school was like this first week I would be breezing through school while holding down a full time job, watching tv and going to sport events every weekend lol. Oh well, I can always look back on these first two weeks fondly as the time of complete naivety.