its the u pittsburg 2nd essay "recruitment of a diverse.." optional?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alee_25

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
the topic is:
"the recruitment of a diverse student body is a moajor goal of the Univ of Pittsburg Medical School Admissions comm. Please tell us whether facets of your life, background or education to date woudl contribute to the achievement of this goal."

i have heard from others that its optonal, and it seems as if they want you to write about being disadvantaged etc.

Is this essay really optional, or did everyone who applied here do this essay as well?

Members don't see this ad.

no, not optional as far as i know, and even if it was you should write something anyway, you don't have to be poor or a URM to have something diverse to contribute. also, pittsburgh has an "h" on the end, just fyi (my hometown, it is a fantastic city).

Members don't see this ad :)
danjo said:
Thank You! :thumbup: It drives me crazy correcting that!

lol yea my girlfriend is from Pittsburgh and would woop my ass if I spelled it like that :laugh:

yea i play it safe and go with pitts all the time.

ordeliacay said:
no, not optional as far as i know, and even if it was you should write something anyway, you don't have to be poor or a URM to have something diverse to contribute. also, pittsburgh has an "h" on the end, just fyi (my hometown, it is a fantastic city).

i second that! :)

alee_25 said:
the topic is:
"the recruitment of a diverse student body is a moajor goal of the Univ of Pittsburg Medical School Admissions comm. Please tell us whether facets of your life, background or education to date woudl contribute to the achievement of this goal."
I just don't get myspace.

does that count?

there was a brief period when Pittsburgh dropped the "h". So you'll see some old buildings with Pittsburg written on them. But then they brought it back. See, grad school wasn't a total waste...