It's thirsty thursday... so what are YOU doing while your friends go out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amph119

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an orgo II exam tomorrow, a lot of which is on amine chemistry, frontier molecular orbitals, and electrocyclic rearrangements like Diels-Alder reactions.

Fun stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought people stopped calling Thursdays "Thirsty" after freshman year.

Sometimes after days like today I like to let my brain revert back 2 years or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sitting in the library working on a biochem paper...but enjoying procrastinating on SDN

Sitting in the library working on a biochem paper...but enjoying procrastinating on SDN

yeahhhh I hear that. Screw these mechanism flashcards!

Studying for my physics exam tomorrow! Yay! If I do well on my final tomorrow, physics could be the only A I get this semester...

I went to an Irish pub tonight and enjoyed myself while watching the first half of the Red Sox/Yankee game.

It's the beginning of finals here so at least I'm not the only one staying in to watch The Office/Scrubs while pretending to study.

I graduated in December and am now just waiting to start med school in the fall, so I'm going out! Okay, no. That's a lie, since I live at home with my parents in a boring city and already worked 8 hours today at a mindless job while surrounded by idiots. Also, none of my friends live around here. So in reality, tonight I had a guitar lesson and now I'm sitting online and watching TV. I am awesome.

I graduated in December and am now just waiting to start med school in the fall, so I'm going out! Okay, no. That's a lie, since I live at home with my parents in a boring city and already worked 8 hours today at a mindless job while surrounded by idiots. Also, none of my friends live around here. So in reality, tonight I had a guitar lesson and now I'm sitting online and watching TV. I am awesome.

you need to realize that sounds like heaven to me right now.

I had a chem exam at 530 and now I'm going through my annual "post exam blues" where I question all my answers and end up assuming I got a 12%.

I should be studying for my psych exam on monday, but I'm gonna second guess my chemistry exam some more.

you need to realize that sounds like heaven to me right now.
Yeah I can understand that. Your time will come. Honestly, I enjoy the downtime, but it has made me lazier than I already was. I need to get my a$$ to the gym before I start school so I can get in a habit, but it's difficult when my work schedule is so random. Thus I spend the majority of my non-working time watching TV and playing Bingo online lol.

I had a chem exam at 530 and now I'm going through my annual "post exam blues" where I question all my answers and end up assuming I got a 12%.
Lol. thats what happened to me last quarter when I bombed my linear algebra final real bad(50 multiple choice, only answered like 7 with confidence, had to guess the rest:eek:). I was praying for a 12% because that would be the bare minimum that I would need to have to get a C in the class. Some how I ended up with a B. :D First time in my life where I'm happy to see a B on my transcript.

I should be studying for my psych exam on monday, but I'm gonna second guess my chemistry exam some more.
Ah, I used to do that as well. Not that long though. Only as long as I was around other people who took the test. Then I put it out of my head and figured I couldn't do anything about it anymore and moved on with my life. I never studied for another test after an exam though, unless it was the same/next day. I need a bit of peace. I doubt that will be happening in med school. Good luck on your psych exam!

Studying physics... (also watching the Office and procrastinating on SDN)

Studying microbiology for a midterm tomorrow

Watching "The Top 100 Songs of the Eighties"

Well, I am enjoying at last a night of peace without any paper or other academic demand hanging over my head. Then, it will be back to the trenches to re-write a rough draft and continue work on a thesis for my undergrad's Honors Program. But for now, just chillaxin'.

I did study for the MCAT (got through a few chapters, whoo!), so now I'm having a drink before bed (6am wake up for the job, you see). I'm just another one of those wild and crazy twenty-somethings out there in the world...