1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

It's time for a new moderator

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by RacerDude2249, Aug 11, 2001.

1. RacerDude2249

RacerDude2249 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey People,

I just noticed that they are trying to get a new moderator for the Osteopathic Section. Since our current moderator for both the pre-dental and dental sections seems to be non-existent, I think it is time we also get a new moderator. Unlike what our current moderator does, we need a moderator who can take an active role in the daily topics. This means providing advice, giving valuable information, and being able to quickly de-fuse volatile and inappropriate topics. Our current moderator as far as I can tell does none of the above. So, if you people would like to have a moderator that takes an active role in the daily affairs of the pre-dental and dental sections of Student Doctor Network, then I think it is time for us to mobilize and start petitioning for a new moderator. What do you think?

Racerdude

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire
    10+ Year Member

I agree. Personally I liked it when it was TurtleBoard.

4. RacerDude2249

RacerDude2249 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Personally,

I thought Turtleboard did a few inappropriate things as moderator in this pre-dental section, but heck, I'd vote for him any day over our current moderator. Turtleboard for moderator! That is my vote for now unless you people can come up with other possible candidates--preferrably dentists.

Racerdude

5. justin_od

justin_od Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

doggie for moderator...........he is the shiznit

6. Mr. So-So

Mr. So-So Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I honestly don't see the need for a moderator in either the dental or pre-dent. forums. Advice and the forwarding of valuable information are already features of both forums… and considering pre-/dental students are generally mature and cordial… I don't see where peace isn't currently being maintained. Personally, I'd prefer the Phil Jackson-style moderator (you don't think he's active yet the forums are productive and running smoothly)

That said, if there is to be a new moderator, my vote goes to Ford67.
    :)

7. Sterichind

Sterichind Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello All,

I second that motion, all in favor of Ford67 say Ay! If he wants it, I think he is the most appropriate to have it.

Sterichind

8. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Your current moderator is active.... ;)

9. Ford67

Ford67 Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but Dr. Scherf is just fine. Besides Iam not too computer savvy anyway. :D

10. groundhog

groundhog 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I think Dr. Scherf is a great moderator. I still get a kick out the fact that his surname appears to be a derivative of the English word "sheriff." Sheriff...chief law enforcement officer of the county (forum) charged with keeping the peace..... What a marvelous name/duty match.