1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

It's time for a new moderator

Discussion in 'Dental' started by RacerDude2249, Aug 11, 2001.

1. RacerDude2249

RacerDude2249 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey People,

I just noticed that they are trying to get a new moderator for the Osteopathic Section. Since our current moderator for both the pre-dental and dental sections seems to be non-existent, I think it is time we also get a new moderator. Unlike what our current moderator does, we need a moderator who can take an active role in the daily topics. This means providing advice, giving valuable information, and being able to quickly de-fuse volatile and inappropriate topics. Our current moderator as far as I can tell does none of the above. So, if you people would like to have a moderator that takes an active role in the daily affairs of the pre-dental and dental sections of Student Doctor Network, then I think it is time for us to mobilize and start petitioning for a new moderator. What do you think?

Racerdude

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. eyedea

eyedea Member
    7+ Year Member

Your moderator has 13 posts since Feb 14, 2000 sucks for you guys :eek: Have you tried emailing him? Maybe he just forgot about SDN.

4. osamah

osamah Member
    10+ Year Member

i think our present moderator is cool and good. you said you want such moderator who will reply quickly and delete volatile messages..well i dont saw any volatile message. this forum should remained open to all sort of discussions within there limits.

i dont saw any messages in whom , there is a question for moderator ..if there will be, he will surely reply.

moderator, please reply my this message if you are there!

5. Mr. So-So

Mr. So-So Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hmmmm..

my first question, racerdude, is why?
    i mean why besides the fact that you want to be moderator?
    (kidding)
    :p

authority for the sake of authority is never a good thing in my book.

6. groundhog

groundhog 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

You can read my reply to the same origianl post in the pre-dental forum. My opinion is that Dr. Scherf does exactly what is expected of a good moderator. He does not hog the conversations, presss his agenda, or enforce his morality. He simply helps maintain reasonable order and sanity on the dental and pre-dental forums of SDN.