I've become very lazy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

TPROrgoTutor

Has anyone else had this happen to them as of late? After the MCAT and working hard to maintain my GPA to as close to perfect as possible for however long I've become determined to do as little with my days as humanly possible. I do just enough to keep A's in my current classes, will work again when TPR sessions start back up, go to the interviews that Im offered (3 next week :scared: ) and keep up with my VP position for AED but beyond that I spend about 4 days a week doing absolutely nothing. I take out my boat some, I go fishing in my lake some, and I play tennis some but aside from that I do nothing.

Today for example, Ive laid in bed all day. Woke up, showered, took the dog for a walk, and laid in bed. That is all. Anybody else relate to the laziness thats going on or is it just me? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I feel it too. I started playing soccer all the time because I am so bored with classes...

I miss Florida (boating, swimming, fishing, hunting)... I've become lazy too, but it's not very helpful considering I have a full-time job...

Pre Interviews Routine
Arrive at work b/w 7-7:30; leave at 6-6:30

Current Routine
Arrive at work b/w 8-8:30; leave at 5-5:30. Not to mention status page checking, faxing documents related to applications, and booking travel arrangements during the day...

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend, there is a term for this. It is called.......

SENIORITIS!!!!! It is the syndrome that affects all Seniors who have finished the main classes they need and only need some electives. I strongly suggest you take some fun classes like those that mimic your hobbies, during your last semester.

Its ok as long as you do decently well and are able to handle med school when it comes and get back into study mode.

I miss Florida (boating, swimming, fishing, hunting)... I've become lazy too, but it's not very helpful considering I have a full-time job...

Pre Interviews Routine
Arrive at work b/w 7-7:30; leave at 6-6:30

Current Routine
Arrive at work b/w 8-8:30; leave at 5-5:30. Not to mention status page checking, faxing documents related to applications, and booking travel arrangements during the day...
At least you have a full time job, you are being productive! Im working hard to build extra layers of adipose tissue. I suppose I should at least keep up my workout schedule, but even that has began to go down the drain.

Has anyone else had this happen to them as of late? After the MCAT and working hard to maintain my GPA to as close to perfect as possible for however long I've become determined to do as little with my days as humanly possible. I do just enough to keep A's in my current classes, will work again when TPR sessions start back up, go to the interviews that Im offered (3 next week :scared: ) and keep up with my VP position for AED but beyond that I spend about 4 days a week doing absolutely nothing. I take out my boat some, I go fishing in my lake some, and I play tennis some but aside from that I do nothing.

Today for example, Ive laid in bed all day. Woke up, showered, took the dog for a walk, and laid in bed. That is all. Anybody else relate to the laziness thats going on or is it just me? :confused:

Same here, except I don't even think I'm doing enough to keep A's in all my classes....its been so nice though! I'm trying to spread the feeling to other people...hopefully it's working. If I get an acceptance on Oct 15th, then I can't even imagine what's going to happen...

At least you have a full time job, you are being productive! Im working hard to build extra layers of adipose tissue. I suppose I should at least keep up my workout schedule, but even that has began to go down the drain.

Ah, but being at "work" is not correlated to productivity... If I were in your shoes, I would work on my golf game. I realized that golf is only a year round sport in Florida and similar climates... It is a great networking tool for MDs.

If I were in your shoes, I would work on my golf game. I realized that golf is only a year round sport in Florida and similar climates... It is a great networking tool for MDs.
It seriously is. I've heard this from many as well. It's even more of a networking tool for the business types. I've even heard some women say that they have gotten farther in the business world than other women simply because they learned how to play golf.

Yes, senioritis has hit hard. I have been unable to force myself to study for a test coming up very soon, no matter how hard I try.

senioritis-bigposter.jpg