TheMan21

7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
and whenever our entire class is together, I can STILL look around and see people who I don't recognize at all.

<--- antisocial loser.

thedoctor8706

10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2008
Ohio
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
and whenever our entire class is together, I can STILL look around and see people who I don't recognize at all.

<--- antisocial loser.

It's ok dude, I haven't been all that antisocial and I still meet new people every day. Although for me Med School is waaaaaaaaaaay bigger than where I went to undergrad.

About the Ads

secants

about:blank
10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2006
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Same here. Our class size is nearly 200 so they broke us into two groups making a person from Group A virtually never seeing Group B unless in lecture. Not to mention when you add second years, I don't know who is who.

I don't know about your school but even during school there's lots of opportunities to socialize. There are tons of clubs, sports intramural, weekly hangouts that are mass mailed to everyone etc.

LRAccord624

MSIII
Oct 18, 2009
Houston
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Same here. Our class size is nearly 200 so they broke us into two groups making a person from Group A virtually never seeing Group B unless in lecture. Not to mention when you add second years, I don't know who is who.

I don't know about your school but even during school there's lots of opportunities to socialize. There are tons of clubs, sports intramural, weekly hangouts that are mass mailed to everyone etc.

That kinda stinks!

My class has ~240 people this year. I feel like I've at least seen most people before, and I know the names of maybe 150 people? I came from a big high school and large college, so I guess I'm used to having a lot of people around. Throw MS2's into the mix... I know maybe 30/230 of them. My class does a lot of socializing (boozing) haha :)

mvenus929

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
We have a class of 155, and I know probably about 100 or so of them by name and sight. A few others I know their name (so I know they're in my class), but I don't associate a face with a name, and visa versa.

Jolie South

is invoking Domo. . .
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2007
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Dude, I once met someone on a hospital elevator wearing a white coat with my school's logo. I was like, "hey, what year are you?" He said he was a second year. Then, he proceeded to ask what year I was and I said MS2 as well.

I spent TWO YEARS in the same class as this guy and had no idea who he was.

Jun 22, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
hah same here, but i don't really care. i guess i'm just used to not knowing people in my class since i went to a HS of 2000 and a college of 40,000

DrYoda

Space Cowboy
10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2008
Dagobah System
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
hah same here, but i don't really care. i guess i'm just used to not knowing people in my class since i went to a HS of 2000 and a college of 40,000
I'm the same way. Big HS +big college= not giving a **** if I don't know everyone.

I do know the majority of people at this point though.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads