i've had enough....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camstah

running thru dandelions
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm sooooo close to just giving up now....i think i'd like a career in emergency management.......that'd be cool...........and now's a good time to get into it......

Members don't see this ad.

aaargghhhh......when you put it that way, no......you're right, i've made it this far.........but this waiting is killing me......this isn't a first for me.......i was put on two waitlists last year, and i think waiting for THAT almost killed me.....
well, anyway, i won't whine anymore......but if i stop posting here on SDN, then you'll know i'm going to be an emergency manager!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i hate waitin too.... and my boss is like pressin me to give him a definte answer if i am gona stay at my current work or gona leave during summer.... coz then he will find someone to replace me... havnt got in anywhere yet so really afraid of losing my job if i tell him i mite get in somewhere and leave in summer.... ahhhhh

tell him you'll stay...that way, if you get in, you can help him find someone quickly and help train them if need be....and you won't be out of a job :)

ppl were all tellin me how in real life, u only need to give 2 week notice...so i dont know why the bosses want to know NOW, i mean its not even close to summer yet. i guess they are just paranoid and wants me to fully train some dude b4 i bail haha. anyway this has nothin to do w SDN so i will stop rambling....back to work:D

Camstah--

Duuuuude... don't give up! Having read other posts of yours in the Keck thread, I think you're a really determined person. I'm sure adcom will notice that, too. I think half of being in medicine is not giving up, the other half, well, that's way too many factors.

Like the other day, I was volunteering at a free clinic. I got bombarded with patients - I had five charts
in my hand and trying to fill a prescription and get a referral with the other hand. A paient is looking on me with these poor little red sore yes. Another one is waiting for me to draw blood. And yet another has been just diagnosed with HepC and I'm trying to
choose words to explain the dire condition...
All the while, the attending is talking to me.

I thought I would keel over from stimulus overload. But the key is to not give up, believe in yourself, try to be confident even though the odds seem against you for whatever reason. I think people subconsciously notice this inner strength.

In the end, you'll win because you believe that you will. Good luck and I hope to see you in Keck (I'll be crossing my fingers for both of us!)

hey cam...

you are a warrior...you've been through it once.
like the savvy veteran that you are i know you can make it through the tough times this year.
i do hope when may rolls around you hear some good news...either an outright acceptance or getting off a waitlist. im in your corner rootin.

oh and to joe. maybe your job requires some skill that cant be easily found in 2 weeks?

thanks :) it really helps to be able to sound off on this board...i've got no one else around who can really understand what i'm going through....thanks you guys :)