I've submitted...now what are these red X's you all are talking about?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gabbers22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all-
Can't believe it...I just submitted my AMCAS tonight. Yes, I know it is late, but oh well. :)
I have been hearing people post things about red x's...what are they? I mean now that I have submitted, can I check my app on the web to look for them? I am really clueless...so any help regarding things that happen after submitting would be great!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The red X's appear after your application has been verified. They are over the topics that you can't change after verification.

Don't look for them anytime soon! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
ok...so how do I know when I have them? By looking at my application online? So, I can log on anytime, look at my application and see if it has been verified by the red x's that appear?
Also--will AMCAS send me an email saying that I submitted? Sorry I am so clueless, but now Iam getting paranoid!

Thanks!

I submitted 8/19. I never got a submission notice email. I got worried and called and my app had indeed been submitted. So I guess you may or may not get a notice saying you submitted or not.The best way to find out if your submission was successful is to see if the charges on your credit card are there, and to call AMCAS. I don't think many people have had problems submitting lately though. Anyway after I submitted, no red x's (just log into your app and they will be on the first page over coursework, etc. titles)appeared until this morning September 29th! I am happy that they are there, but who knows how long it will take from here, a few days, weeks or months. From the time I submitted till the x's appeared (over a month) there were no changes to my application except for dates transmitted next to list of schools which only meant preliminary info (name, email, address) was sent. So bottom line, this process is highly variable. You will probably have to wait at least 4 weeks for the red x's, but schools will at least be given your name and address within a week or two.

thanks serpient!!!
that is good info to have...I have been wondering what everyone is talking about! :)