ivy leagues suck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panoramaelegant

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone complete at ivy leagues for 3 months now and not hear back? harvard, yale, columbia, cornell? is that just a prolonged rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

This was brought up in one of the Yale threads. The concensus on there, and a current Yale med student confirmed, was that it doesn't really mean anything. The student that posted said that he got an interview in mid January, interviewed and was accepted right off. So until you get that, "We regret to inform you..." letter, there's no way to tell.

I finished all of my apps by the end of August (except for Dartmouth, that was mid-sept, didn't decide to apply until late). I got an interview invite yesterday from Dartmouth, and one today from Columbia. So, don't give up hope on those schools. I figured I was done getting invites, but fortunately that hasn't been the case.

Anyone else going to be at Columbia on the 4th of Jan or at Dartmouth on the 26th?

Any suggestions on places to stay near Dartmouth or Columbia?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waiting for yale here as well. Have dartmouth interview in three days.
if an august mcater, let me know if anybody gets a yale interview!

good luck all,
bachi

Dakota said:
I finished all of my apps by the end of August (except for Dartmouth, that was mid-sept, didn't decide to apply until late). I got an interview invite yesterday from Dartmouth, and one today from Columbia. So, don't give up hope on those schools. I figured I was done getting invites, but fortunately that hasn't been the case.

Anyone else going to be at Columbia on the 4th of Jan or at Dartmouth on the 26th?

Any suggestions on places to stay near Dartmouth or Columbia?

now that's some encouraging news!
good luck on those interviews :thumbup:

wait aren't a lot of these schools, including yale, non-rolling? if so, then none of us are gonna hear anything until like march.

complete at Yale and Cornell. *crickets*

does Cornell let you check your status online? I could never find a link.

TheProwler said:
complete at Yale and Cornell. *crickets*

does Cornell let you check your status online? I could never find a link.

I don't believe so. Crickets from Cornell here, too. Didn't they say something about communicating rejections beginning in December?

SpeedRacer said:
wait aren't a lot of these schools, including yale, non-rolling? if so, then none of us are gonna hear anything until like march.

I don't know what you mean. They’ve been conducting interviews for months now, they just don't give people who interviewed the decision until March.

Wait Cornell is Ivy-League...oh why did I apply there...$75 wasted....I could've bought WWE Smackdown VS. Raw. :(

Just got an invite from Dartmouth after being complete for 4+ months. Is admissions at DMS currently a "still-a-lotta-vacancies-rolling" or a "fight-for-the-waitlist-rolling?"

TheMightyAngus said:
Just got an invite from Dartmouth after being complete for 4+ months. Is admissions at DMS currently a "still-a-lotta-vacancies-rolling" or a "fight-for-the-waitlist-rolling?"

I'm hoping it's the former, I'll be there in a few weeks for an interview . . . brr.

Dakota said:
On an interesting note, I know of one student who def. won't be going to DMS. That's right, DMS mailed me someone else's rejection letter (had his name and address and everything, but the envelope got a sticky label with my name and address). I plan on calling the office as soon as they reopen to tell them about their mistake rather than just forwarding the letter to this poor guy . . .

Thats probably mine. Thanks... :(

Dakota said:
On an interesting note, I know of one student who def. won't be going to DMS. That's right, DMS mailed me someone else's rejection letter (had his name and address and everything, but the envelope got a sticky label with my name and address). I plan on calling the office as soon as they reopen to tell them about their mistake rather than just forwarding the letter to this poor guy . . .

Great, thanks for letting me know where my letter is.

TheMightyAngus said:
im waiting on an acceptance, interviewed in early november. let me know what you think

Shredder said:
im waiting on an acceptance, interviewed in early november. let me know what you think

I interviewed 11/29 and got accepted last week. I'm not sure what that means about how many they've accepted at this point, but it is certainly progressing.