J1 visa question ...please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sue

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am Sue's fiancee and she told me about this wonderful site and I am using her user name and password......
I have a question on J1 visa:
If My "multiple entry" J1 visa is from 30/6/2002-30/6/2003 and I returned back home for my wedding from 20/5/2003 till 5/6/2003 "few weeks before the expiry of my multiple entry J1 visa"......and before leaving for my home country I got new IAP-66 for the PGY-2 (2003-2004) in hand
If I got my NEW IAP-66(for the 2033/2004 PGY-2 year) for the next year in hand before leaving to home country.......and upon my return my J1 multiple entry visa is still valid for only 3 weeks......Will the officer give me a new I-94 that is valid for a complete new year although my J1 visa got only few weeks for expiry " till the end of the PGY-2 year as it is shown on the NEW IAP-66 that I got in hand before leaving to my home country for my wedding " ???or will the officer require the old IAP-66 not the new one because the J1 visa is for the 2002/2003 and the IAP-66 is for 2003/2004 "Although my J1 multiple entry visa is still valid for few weeks?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you go out of the country and return before the expiry of the J1, you will not get a new I-94 valid for a year-- because I don't think the J1 visa requires an attached I-94. In fact, all you will need to do is show the IAP and J1 and get entry. To renew the J-1 you will need to take the IAP-66 to a US embassy (preferably in your home country) and submit a visa application the same way you got the J1 this time around. This process will have to be repeated yearly.