J1 Waiver and COVID-19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frostmoon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon SDN friends,

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. I have a quick question about J-1 waiver processing in the midst of COVID-19 pandemic. Does anyone know how long it will take for USCIS to issue H-1B after an application was submitted (already has the state endorsement)? It has been 6 weeks. I know we are in the middle of a pandemic that changes everything, but I thought they already resumed the visa processing for foreign physicians. My new job starts on July 1st and I can't start until I have a legal working visa. Anyone in the same boat? Should I push off my starting date? My attorney is not giving me any solid answer, so I figure I will reach out to the community to see what others are doing.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

In 2017 when premium processing was suspended as well it was resumed initially by end of June for waiver physicians so most of them started on time.

Even without that they're issuing visas pretty fast for the most part this year.

Hang in there and yours will be issued soon enough.

If not I'm sure premium processing will resume before the end of June.