• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Dec 23, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
while I was playing football and I never got it fixed. Basically, my pinkie is a bit bent and can't straighten out

I'm considering dentistry as a possible career path, so would my injury in any way affect my hand abilities when doing operations?

About the Ads
Dec 18, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
i think you should post in "dental student forum" maybe they can give you better insight on that.

JOoa0ky

5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Not the pinky...

Although if your ring finger was injured... that could be a different story :laugh: Since its quite important for it to act as an anchor.

notin

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2009
Status
Dental Student
left pinkie shouldn't matter much, especially if you're right handed.

JcRoughriders

5+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2011
Status
Pre-Dental
my left pinkie is messed up too... dislocated a few times from bball... AND my right index... jammed a few times...

vapperss

7+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2011
Status
Pre-Dental
I broke my left ring finger in highschool and it's very slightly bent .. Do you think that would be a problem? (I'm right handed)

tayloreve

10+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2010
Louisiana
Status
Dentist
Haha! Wow. The same thing happened to me my freshman year of high school. My middle finger on my left hand is bent, I tore/stretched something, don't remember what exactly..but it still functions, it just looks funny! Good to see I'm not the only one :D

LaughingGas

10+ Year Member
May 17, 2010
Status
Dentist
I broke my left ring finger in highschool and it's very slightly bent .. Do you think that would be a problem? (I'm right handed)
a little bit off topic, but I had broken pinkie and it attached in the wrong way that I was unable to make it straight. I just noticed today after reading Ops post, that it is straight now :D. I guess it healed on its own over years.

camshaft

Loves mucosal tissue
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
In the spirit of the compiled aadsas questions thread, I'm tempted to make a damaged fingers thread where people can post and comment on finger concerns. :D

Last edited:
About the Ads