Jan 07 MCAT scores not valid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

squatter

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so a whole bunch of med schools all across the counntry decided not to consider Jan 07 MCAT scores... :( what the hell, i was hoping to get it over with in jan, but now its a given that i'd have to take it again sometime april or later, that is, if the scores become valid by that time...
btw, i got this info on AAMC.
any input out there on this issue?

Members don't see this ad.

bretts right. you're jan 07 score is fine for applying to start med school in august 2008 and later.

its just that you cant use an mcat score from 2007 to apply to med school and start in that same year. thats always been the rule, ie april '06 mcat scores cant be used in order to try to get a seat in the august '06 class of MS1s.

bretts right. you're jan 07 score is fine for applying to start med school in august 2008 and later.

its just that you cant use an mcat score from 2007 to apply to med school and start in that same year. thats always been the rule, ie april '06 mcat scores cant be used in order to try to get a seat in the august '06 class of MS1s.
Just want to concur with Brett and A-man. Your January scores ARE valid, but for the entering class of 2008, not the entering class of 2007. OP, if you want to take the test in January and you'll be prepared by then, you should go for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh haha thanks for clearing this up...
but isn't january a bit late to send into MCAT scores for the entering class of 07? i mean... secondaries should have already been completed.

but isn't january a bit late to send into MCAT scores for the entering class of 07? i mean... secondaries should have already been completed.
if anything, you would probably have to ask the med school to hold off on reviewing your file before considering an interview. if you do get an interview, it would be pretty late and you'd have to be extremely lucky.

Yes, which is precisely why most med schools don't accept them this cycle.

Me too! I'd just finished booking flights to Berlin to take it in Jan when I saw that. They wouldn't offer it if it didn't count though.