Jan 2015 MCAT? Applying soon? Updated list of school MCAT policies!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SSDGM

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

I hope there is someone else out there who can benefit from this work. I'm looking to apply this upcoming round (for the 2018 entering class) and I have been working to verify that the schools I'm interested will accept my MCAT (taken in January 2015, the last possible month to take the old version of the MCAT). Of course, there is the AAMC MCAT policy document (most updated version here). However, I was advised (on SDN and by AAMC) to call each school to double check. Especially schools that listed themselves as accepting "only MCAT 2015 scores") for the 2018 cycle, since one AAMC representative told me that "MCAT 2015" means the new MCAT and another AAMC representative told me it means different things to different schools. Here are my results so far:

*AAMC previously listed as only accepting "MCAT 2015" scores

VERIFIED (will accept January 2015 MCAT):
Yale
Duke
Emory
Northwestern
Michigan State
Rochester
Dartmouth*
Mayo*
Wake Forest
Oakland
University of South Dakota
University of Wisconsin
University of Minnesota
University of Washington
Georgetown University
Tufts
Rutgers
Boston University
Toledo
Central Michigan
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Vanderbilt
Einstein
Loyola
Tulane

STILL WAITING FOR VERIFICATION:

WILL NOT ACCEPT (requires new MCAT):
Indiana University (had not previously listed policy with AAMC)
Oregon Health Sciences*
George Washington
UVA
SUNY downstate

I'll update the list as I get more responses to my inquires. I hope this is helpful for anyone else who took the MCAT in Jan 2015 and is applying this upcoming round!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Some updates. Will NOT accept: Med Wisc, Hofstra, Stony Brook.

I confirmed with Upstate, Tulane,and Einstein this morning: they do take the Jan2015.

Some updates. Will NOT accept: Med Wisc, Hofstra, Stony Brook.

I confirmed with Upstate, Tulane,and Einstein this morning: they do take the Jan2015.

Awesome thank you!!! I still haven't heard back from Tulane and that was the last one to check off my list as of today.

Reactions: 1 user