JanikeyDoc - I need to ask you regarding your posts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alphonsine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
JanikeyDoc, I need to ask you. Some of your posts are really inconsistent.

1. You said in one of your earlier posts your GF is a GP. In a later post, you said, this year (2009), she is currently a 2nd year student in USyd's GMP program. (I think I remember this correctly)

2. You also wrote that "a Victoria Secret model said I was good looking." Where did you meet this model and what is her name? There are not that many Victoria Secret models from Australia. The only one I can think of is Miranda Kerr. Maybe Elle McPherson waaayyy back. Or maybe you met this VS model back in the US?

3. According to you, your GF will move with you to the USA. I talked to many many Australians and not one want to leave Australia permanently. A lot of them have an anti-American stance, albeit mild. Sure, they'd like to visit the USA and do a few months rotation in NYC or something, but as for moving...no way. Sitting for the USMLE is s a huge burden to them anyways. Yet, your GF won't list you as a de facto partner (she won't even need to marry you) so you can get an Australian PR status and save you from paying international fees. I hope you're not putting more faith in her than she is putting in you.:laugh::laugh: And if the USYD GMP program is as bad as you say, what makes you think your GF will pass the USMLEs?

4. You wrote you beat a 2nd year USyd student in an anatomy quiz because USyd doesn't teach anatomy thoroughly. Well, let me tell you - I'm currently in USyd GMP 1st year and we learn so so much anatomy. Our course is practically 30-40% anatomy and we go over each system thoroughly. It is incredibly stressful.

You know, I'm not trying to pick on you JanikeyDoc, but some of your posts are really strange and contradictory. Also, I'm really worried about your GF and you - though I don't know you, I am very concerned about your happiness.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

1. You said in one of your earlier posts your GF is a GP. In a later post, you said, this year (2009), she is currently a 2nd year student in USyd's GMP program. (I think I remember this correctly)

2. You also wrote that "a Victoria Secret model said I was good looking." Where did you meet this model and what is her name? There are not that many Victoria Secret models from Australia. The only one I can think of is Miranda Kerr. Maybe Elle McPherson waaayyy back. Or maybe you met this VS model back in the US?

3. According to you, your GF will move with you to the USA. I talked to many many Australians and not one want to leave Australia permanently. A lot of them have an anti-American stance, albeit mild. Sure, they'd like to visit the USA and do a few months rotation in NYC or something, but as for moving...no way. Sitting for the USMLE is s a huge burden to them anyways. Yet, your GF won't list you as a de facto partner (she won't even need to marry you) so you can get an Australian PR status and save you from paying international fees. I hope you're not putting more faith in her than she is putting in you.:laugh::laugh: And if the USYD GMP program is as bad as you say, what makes you think your GF will pass the USMLEs?

4. You wrote you beat a 2nd year USyd student in an anatomy quiz because USyd doesn't teach anatomy thoroughly. Well, let me tell you - I'm currently in USyd GMP 1st year and we learn so so much anatomy. Our course is practically 30-40% anatomy and we go over each system thoroughly. It is incredibly stressful.

You know, I'm not trying to pick on you JanikeyDoc, but some of your posts are really strange and contradictory. Also, I'm really worried about your GF and you - though I don't know you, I am very concerned about your happiness.

Good job in putting all the inconsistencies in one thread! Quite frankly I've been wondering the same thing, and have also been noticing that the story keeps changing.

My guess is Janikeydoc is a mere figment of JoeNama's imagination.

I never said my girlfriend was a second year USyd student, I specifically said she is a GP working in a real practice in Sydney. She happens to know people who go to USyd and have graduated from that school. I am also aware of what GPs in Australia earn and to make a good living in Oz, you almost have to go to a rural or regional area, Sydney does not have the dearth of doctors that the universities and government claim is plaguing all of Australia.

I know many Aussies are anti-American, but that is more with our government, Australians by and large buy into the American way of life, that is why every other person and his mom owns an Ipod, drinks Coke, wears Polo and Abercrombie, buys fast food, owns either a Holden or a Ford(both American he he, Holden is owned by GM), watch American movies, listen to American music, look up to American celebs. There are many people I have met who would love to be in the USA. I had a European friend of mine joke that Australia is the 51st US State and that is a common perception of Europeans about Australia.

Anti-Americanism varies among ethnicity. The Muslims and Arabs are the most anti-American people in Australia, my GF is Lebanese but is Christian. I have met Jewish Australians who tend to be the most pro American people here in Sydney. The Anglos are a mix. The Italians tend to think well of America. Many Asians think well of America too, especially the Japanese.

I never said my GF is not sponsoring me, regardless, the general outlook for IMGs is harsh. Even with reduced tuition with a PR its going to be much harder to match into US residencies from 2012 onwards for foreign medical graduates, more medical schools and very stagnant or reduced training spots. Right now there are far more residency spots than US grads(both MD and DO). Canada is even more brutal towards IMGs, its not uncommon for European surgeons to drive taxis or deliver pizzas in Montreal :).

Its been repeated over and over that Australian Grad Entry Medicine programs have serious gaps in basic science education. There are many people who have been through the process. You will have to teach yourself a lot more basic science to get past the USMLE, and these days you have to do much more than pass.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I never said my girlfriend was a second year USyd student, I specifically said she is a GP working in a real practice in Sydney. She happens to know people who go to USyd and have graduated from that school. I am also aware of what GPs in Australia earn and to make a good living in Oz, you almost have to go to a rural or regional area, Sydney does not have the dearth of doctors that the universities and government claim is plaguing all of Australia.

I know many Aussies are anti-American, but that is more with our government, Australians by and large buy into the American way of life, that is why every other person and his mom owns an Ipod, drinks Coke, wears Polo and Abercrombie, buys fast food, owns either a Holden or a Ford(both American he he, Holden is owned by GM), watch American movies, listen to American music, look up to American celebs. There are many people I have met who would love to be in the USA. I had a European friend of mine joke that Australia is the 51st US State and that is a common perception of Europeans about Australia.

Anti-Americanism varies among ethnicity. The Muslims and Arabs are the most anti-American people in Australia, my GF is Lebanese but is Christian. I have met Jewish Australians who tend to be the most pro American people here in Sydney. The Anglos are a mix. The Italians tend to think well of America. Many Asians think well of America too, especially the Japanese.

I never said my GF is not sponsoring me, regardless, the general outlook for IMGs is harsh. Its going to be much harder to match into US residencies from 2012 onwards, more medical schools and very stagnant or reduced training spots. Right now there are far more residency spots than US grads(both MD and DO). Canada is even more brutal towards IMGs, its not uncommon for European surgeons to drive taxis or deliver pizzas in Montreal :).

But if you get PR, you won't be an IMG and you get to stay with your GF. And by the way - Abercrombie is not available in Australia.

But if you get PR, you won't be an IMG and you get to stay with your GF. And by the way - Abercrombie is not available in Australia.

Actually it is available, just about every dude in my gym likes to wear Abercrombie and Fitch T-shirts. They just don't have stand alone retail stores like the US.

As far as the USMLE, a lot of people from Australia usually attempt this only after a few years in actual practice. From what my GF told me is that a lot of people struggled with that exam while they were students at USyd. Most people want to go to school and then go back to the US/Canada and into residency. Its generally more doable for people with a lot of clinical experience. That is why Indian graduates, for example, tend to do well with residency matching in the US, they rarely go into residency straight out of med school.

Actually it is available, just about every dude in my gym likes to wear Abercrombie and Fitch T-shirts. They just don't have stand alone retail stores like the US.

I haven't seen an Abercrombie and Fitch T-shirt at all since I've been here. Even Canadians don't wear A&F that often. Weird - you and I must be on different parts of Sydney.

Christian Lebanese :scared:Never heard of that one.

I haven't seen an Abercrombie and Fitch T-shirt at all since I've been here. Even Canadians don't wear A&F that often. Weird - you and I must be on different parts of Sydney.

You still haven't responded to why you won't apply for PR and stay in Oz, or who that VS model was.

Australian fashion is much more avante garde than American fashion. It's more European, while American is more sporty and preppy. Most Australian girls in my class are into the grundgy look - long blouses T-shirts with skinny jeans and boots. I don't know about the guys.

Please don't feed the troll.

FYI, 60% of Lebanese people in Sydney are Christian. Actually, most Lebanese people around the world are Christian... with the notable exception of Lebanon, where only about 40% are Christian.

Still, we all know that Janikey is just looking for attention... if we give him attention, he'll just keep spouting out nonsense.

You probably live in a different suburb, I have seen plenty of people with A and F T-shirts. You didn't know there were Lebanese Christians, there are many of them in Sydney. Large numbers of them have fled the violence that has ravaged Lebanon over several decades.

Please don't feed the troll.

FYI, 60% of Lebanese people in Sydney are Christian. Actually, most Lebanese people around the world are Christian... with the notable exception of Lebanon, where only about 40% are Christian.

Still, we all know that Janikey is just looking for attention... if we give him attention, he'll just keep spouting out nonsense.

Well you should seriously ask the USyd faculty for information of what happened to past years graduates with regards to residency. Its getting harder for IMGs to get residencies in North America, actually in the US, Canada has been a closed door for years. The prospects of staying are dimming, its fact that more students will graduate and the number of internship spots have not increased, its even going to affect PRs.

Well you should seriously ask the USyd faculty for information of what happened to past years graduates with regards to residency. Its getting harder for IMGs to get residencies in North America, actually in the US, Canada has been a closed door for years. The prospects of staying are dimming, its fact that more students will graduate and the number of internship spots have not increased, its even going to affect PRs.

CaRMS sent some official reps to USyd to tell us about residency opportunities in Canada. They were much more optimistic than you are... they said that you should be able to easily get a residency if you want to be a GP... it'll be a bit more difficult if you want to specialize, but they're expecting progress in the near future.

Yes, it's gotten harder for IMGs in North America, we all know that. But since most of us didn't have the option to go to school in North America, I don't see how that's even relevant.

CaRMS sent some official reps to USyd to tell us about residency opportunities in Canada. They were much more optimistic than you are... they said that you should be able to easily get a residency if you want to be a GP... it'll be a bit more difficult if you want to specialize, but they're expecting progress in the near future.

Yes, it's gotten harder for IMGs in North America, we all know that. But since most of us didn't have the option to go to school in North America, I don't see how that's even relevant.

At this stage it's much harder to get a GP residency in Canada vs. Australia or the US.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but if you take a look at the CaRMS data the match rate fluctuates between 5-15%. Even if you do get a match they come with return of service comittments that can send you to some pretty rural areas for long periods of time, with no extra financial incentives from the government.

Members don't see this ad :)

You still haven't responded to my post regarding your PR status (yours, not ours) or the VS model. We're all waiting for answers JanikeyDoc.

Good job in putting all the inconsistencies in one thread! Quite frankly I've been wondering the same thing, and have also been noticing that the story keeps changing.

My guess is Janikeydoc is a mere figment of JoeNama's imagination.

JoeNama says he attends UQ medical school. But then, one of his posts says he was moving to Sydney in January 2009. :laugh::laugh: JoeNama also said he was single.

Hm...I dunno.

it seems like you're just trolling a troll alphonsine

why not leave it be?

You believe Carms?? Also Canadian immigration has often lied to and sweet talked many IMGs to immigrate there. Its a fact that Canada is HARSH towards IMGs. Google some articles about Canada and foreign trained doctors. Its not uncommon to hear about European doctors working as a taxi drivers and pizza delivery men in Canada.

You believe Carms?? Also Canadian immigration has often lied to and sweet talked many IMGs to immigrate there. Its a fact that Canada is HARSH towards IMGs. Google some articles about Canada and foreign trained doctors. Its not uncommon to hear about European doctors working as a taxi drivers and pizza delivery men in Canada.

You gotta love this guy's arguments. CaRMS is an official organization, and you're just a random guy on the forum. I'd hope that most people believe CaRMS more than they believe random Internet accounts.

I didn't say that Canada isn't "harsh" or that every European doctor will get a job. But they did have ACTUAL DATA to support the fact that the situation is getting better, not worse. If you read the accounts of 10 or 15 people on the Internet, it'll give you a distorted perspective - people are much more likely to complain online than they are to post their success story. I want to see ACTUAL DATA, not just a few trolls who are complaining about the fact that they weren't good enough to get in.

Everybody wants to blame somebody else for the fact that they couldn't get what they wanted. You mentioned that something like 30% of Australian-trained doctors fail the USMLE... you didn't bother to mention that that's about the same number as the rest of the world outside the US/Canada, including the Caribbean. Many Australian-trained Americans have subpar USMLE scores because we're just subpar students... that's why we couldn't get into med school in our home countries. Many European doctors can't get jobs in Canada because they don't speak good English or can't get good scores on their exams. Yes, Canada is difficult... but we know that already, before we make our decisions to apply there. I don't see how their ACTUAL DATA can possibly be dishonest.

I agree with shan and it's definitely a point that people seem to overlook.

The individuals going abroad for medical education, at least the majority, tend to be individuals that couldn't gain admission in their home countries. They are inherently weaker than the domestics. So, comparing USMLE scores between those populations is flawed. You need to compare their USMLE scores as related to their premedical stats.

25% still isn't great considering the pressure you have to pay off loans etc. However I think match rates in Canada aren't as big a deal in the US because Canada does recognise other training programs.

They recognise some US programs, most Australian/NZ some Asian ones etc. So if you can complete your training somewhere else you can still practice in Canada. The reason why match rates in the US are so important is because that's literally the only way to practice in the US (with some exceptions).

25% still isn't great considering the pressure you have to pay off loans etc. However I think match rates in Canada aren't as big a deal in the US because Canada does recognise other training programs.

They recognise some US programs, most Australian/NZ some Asian ones etc. So if you can complete your training somewhere else you can still practice in Canada. The reason why match rates in the US are so important is because that's literally the only way to practice in the US (with some exceptions).

Canadian doctors earn less than their US counterparts, why would someone want to go through the headache of trying to get Canadian licensure when they make more in the US??

Some people would rather not deal with the American healthcare mess... and the pay difference has been shrinking lately. I know a lot of Canadians here at USyd, and 100% of them would rather go back to Canada than the US. It's not just about being near home; for example, most people from Vancouver seem like they'd rather be in Newfoundland than in Seattle.

In my own experience (and in published studies), I think that Vancouver is possibly the best city to live in. If it was easier to match in Canada, then I think I'd rather go there than the US.

I could not for the love of God wonder what is so special about Canada, been there a few times, never enjoyed it except for the French speaking part, Quebec. Anglo Canada sucks. Oh Canadians fare piss poor in health compared to Western Europeans like Germans and French.

US Healthcare mess!!!?? Oh, yeah it is a mess my family doctor owns a Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes S Class, and a Lexus, wow she is really screwed up.

Oh, your GP is rich? In that case, the healthcare system must be great.

Did you ever wonder why every American politician (even the Republicans) is calling for some form of healthcare reform?

Again, as I've said before, your opinion is your opinion. Just because you don't like Canada doesn't mean that nobody likes Canada. Everybody has different preferences.

The French Canadians HATE THE ANGLOS. There is even a terrorist group that wants Quebec to be a seperate country. They were trying to be part of the EU as well.

I love Quebec, the rest of Canada, forget it. Montreal has hot women fyi.

Oh, your GP is rich? In that case, the healthcare system must be great.

Did you ever wonder why every American politician (even the Republicans) is calling for some form of healthcare reform?

Again, as I've said before, your opinion is your opinion. Just because you don't like Canada doesn't mean that nobody likes Canada. Everybody has different preferences.

I heard USyd's tuition is going to be as high as 60,000 for internationals. Try paying off a loan with interest. USyd like every other Aussie school wants your $$$$. They don't give a rats ass about you.

The French Canadians HATE THE ANGLOS. There is even a terrorist group that wants Quebec to be a seperate country. They were trying to be part of the EU as well.

I know I'm just feeding the troll but... seriously?? How delusional are you? Quebec is NOT that bad and, to be honest, your remarks about "hot women" are idiotic. There are beautiful women everywhere. When is this guy gonna be banned for trolling? You're consistently feeding misinformation and distributing false anecdotes.

Sounds to me like your judgements of people and places holds about as much merit as a degree from this place. Stop spitting heresy and non-evidenced jibberish. You're just making a fool of yourself...

a terrorist organization? seriously!?

LOL Janikeydoc man you must be smoking something really strong. I just hope you aren't taking yourself too seriously, because I don't think anyone else is.

You once insulted Australia - called it a penal colony. Well, Quebec was a penal colony of France. A bit hypocritical huhn?

You once insulted Australia - called it a penal colony. Well, Quebec was a penal colony of France. A bit hypocritical huhn?

I don't think he minds as long as there are plenty of attractive women there ;)