January 2009 MCAT preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loku

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone preparing for January 30 MCAT exam.

Lets discuss here.. where are we with the preparation and how to plan so to score good in MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

...taking the Jan. MCAT...I started my first round of studying late June/early July...in late November I will kick it up a notch and start the EK study schedule (I'm also using the Kaplan book to help explain what EK does not)...I need to stay consistent with my studying and not slack off....:thumbup:

i just started studying....:scared:

really really need to make a study plan.....

Members don't see this ad :)
I JUST started studying(hardcore 4+hours a day) this past week. Im currently enrolled in a kaplans online course and i hope i have enough time left to study prior to jan!:scared: but only time will tell. lol

hows everyone doing with their preparation?.. anyone having problems in scoring points in organic and biology?

have reread and REREAD TPR's physical sciences and biological sciences books about a dozen times each. I know them like the back of my hand. (hopefully) I am finishing up all the practice passages they gave me.

As for verbal, I am doing a few passages each day. I have studied for 4.5 months now and my score has plateaued in the 7-10 range.

What should I be doing for verbal in my last 2 weeks? What are u guys doing for verbal in the last few weeks?

oh cool..iam just hanging around 10-11. how did u prepare for it?. did u do 1001 questions?

all i did was the TPR stuff my course came with. There books are seriously amazing. I have not looked at the EK1001 but I am sure they are good as well.

I like TPR because they write everything as if u r in highschool. and they go slightly (15%) more in depth than needed for the MCAT but they don't tell u what is extra or not.

Also they are very conceptual which is key for both physics and bio sci. sections.

hows EK1001?

actually, i did EK 1001 for chem and phys, its good and clears most of ur concepts. I dont hav a problem in ps now. I just didnt hav enough time to do EK1001 for Biology and organic. If i can do that i guess it might help me. But this books has many stupid questions which r not tested in the actual exams (sometimes it is a bit discouraging) but its good though.

about 4 months now.

im fully relying on TPR for everything. however, for verbal, I also bought the EK101 book for extra practice.

except for helping me with timing issues, i absolutely abhor that book. NOTHING at all similar to the AAMC passages. than again, verbal is not exactly my field of expertize.