January 25th 2014 MCAT Test Center Computer Issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Love_Cats_without_the_M

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope this never happens to anyone, it is terrible!

I was scheduled to take my MCAT on January 25th at 1 PM. I felt well prepared and was really looking forward to putting the MCAT exam behind me. Unfortunately, during my exam my computer acted up resulting in AAMC forcing me to reschedule my exam to April 11th at 8 AM (Prometric and AAMCs way of going about this is ridiculous IMO). I was told that the reschedule fee was free (as if that was supposed to be their way of saying sorry). To make matters worse they told me the testing center in my area didn't have an opening until the April 11th test day. I found this to be completely ridiculous, not only did they screw me out of a test, they also told me that I had to wait until another exam day was open in my area (great customer service, but I can't do anything about it so no sense it harping about it). Its been a depressing last couple of days to say the least, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to overcome this situation. I am trying to look at the bright side, but I feel like I'm going to burn out having to study for another ~70 days until my next exam day.

I have the Kaplan resources available, and took all the AAMC exams, plus Kaplan 1-7. My average on AAMC and Kaplan both was 32 lowest score being in Verbal (8-9 and 10 twice ). I was thinking about buying TBR CBT's 1-5 and taking Kaplan 8-9 (I heard 10-11 were brutal). Also grabbing 101 EK for verbal.

Any advice would be appreciated, and again I hope this does not happen to anyone in the future.

Members don't see this ad.

Cmdr_Shepard

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should take a couple weeks off. You sound like you need a break from everything.

Definitely sorry to hear about the comp issue though, I don't think I'd be as forgiving.